re: better data can mean better cities

Marcel Fortin

Aug 5, 2015, 1:41:56 PM8/5/15
http://research2reality.com/videos/better-city-living/#h

--
Marcel Fortin
Head, Map and Data Library
University of Toronto
@mapsgis

Keith McDonald COT Open Data Lead

Aug 5, 2015, 2:58:13 PM8/5/15
to DataTO
Very cool on aging! I'd like to hear community opinions on why they think "better data" and standards are not happening (fast enough) and how they would go about getting to standards. Talk to us about it and your needs ... we need validation of the need and how this must happen to progress! It seems to me everyone supports standards as long as they conform to the standard they use. Wouldn't it be prudent to have some standards laid down via legislation? There goes the "L" word but it is still very much the wild, wild west in all of this and I (speaking personally and not as official COT voice) do not see consensus coming soon.

Keith