ST1000LM035-1RK172 MCMT problem

69 views
Skip to first unread message

epeace2009

unread,
Sep 18, 2026, 8:49:38 AMSep 18
to DataRecoveryCertification
Hi 

I have this problem with MCMT as terminal said:
Rst0x80M
T:0x0000 0x3FFFFFFF
FTU
TCC:001D:0023 EMCDataErr:00000015

PrgF
(P)SATAReset

RAWOFF
PASS
EDACValue=00000000FFFFF111
EDACValue=00000000FFFFF111
EDACValue=00000000FFFFF111
EDACValue=00000000FFFFF111
SIMFileFD=FC3B3348ErrorCode=44090082DiscLBA=0000000000006498Duration=00000821ms
EDACValue=00000000FFFFF111
EDACValue=00000000FFFFF111
EDACValue=00000000FFFFF111
EDACValue=00000000FFFFF111
SIMFileFD=FC3B3348ErrorCode=44090082DiscLBA=0000000000013E98Duration=00000821ms
 MCMT table is corrupted
 MCMT table is corrupted
 MCMT table is corrupted
 MCMT table is corrupted
 MCMT table is corrupted
 MCMT table is corrupted
6GbMaxSpeedloweredto3GbforIntelbug
SendStatus:COMRESETseen
CSpd=3Gbps
FIS34
DOS:0 Scan Unit

I have managed to backup sys file 348 by reading byte by byte and read error ignore (in attachment). Also there are both copy of damaged files read regulary.
After I parsed file only one extend in 348 file. I tried to load in RAM but I get UNC error and LED error in terminal:  LED:0x000000BD FAddr:0x00009E23
Can someone help to get user data access?
 Is it possible to fix these files in Seagate utility and how? 
I have tried by editing MCMT/Extent edit and choosing option Fixfooter and other option and uploading to RAM but same result.

Thanks
348.rar

RecuperoDati299

unread,
Sep 18, 2026, 9:34:03 AMSep 18
to DataRecoveryCertification
Hello

we had some hundreds of Rosewood with MCTM issues

we ended up wiping it all the times , and in each and every case the drive got fully recovered 

after few tenth we stopped wasting time attempting to deal with the MCTM module.

We wipe it directly 

it works.

Regards


--
Data Recovery Certification Group / for issue with google group please email sc...@myharddrivedied.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DataRecoveryCertification" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to datarecoverycertif...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datarecoverycertification/d2b6cf42-60f3-4ea5-a08e-90b1ab07e82fn%40googlegroups.com.

RecuperoDati299

unread,
Sep 18, 2026, 9:42:36 AMSep 18
to DataRecoveryCertification
Obviously, before wiping, editing, and/or modifying one module, you must do a test and check and verify if the SA heads are correctly writing and reading. 



Il giorno 18 settembre 2026, alle ore 14:49, 'epeace2009' via DataRecoveryCertification <datarecovery...@googlegroups.com> ha scritto:


--

Сергей Деменев

unread,
Sep 18, 2026, 10:54:43 AMSep 18
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Did you send the CU10 command before loading the MCMT into RAM?

пт, 18 сент. 2026 г. в 14:49, 'epeace2009' via DataRecoveryCertification <datarecovery...@googlegroups.com>:
--

Сергей Деменев

unread,
Sep 18, 2026, 11:07:02 AMSep 18
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Do your clients know that you didn't recover all the data because you erased the MСMT?

Regards

пт, 18 сент. 2026 г. в 15:34, RecuperoDati299 <recuper...@gmail.com>:

epeace2009

unread,
Sep 18, 2026, 1:39:36 PMSep 18
to DataRecoveryCertification
Hi

No I did not run /C U10 command before reading sys3438.

recuper...@gmail.com>  What do you mean wiping all the time?  Do you mean run cash reset /C u10 and then uploading SYS348 in RAM and then try to read user data or write sys348 to SA?
Thanks

RecuperoDati299

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 2:30:15 AMSep 19
to DataRecoveryCertification
More simple
just /CU10

as stated we don't deal with module 348.anymore since ages


epeace2009

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 3:35:11 AMSep 19
to DataRecoveryCertification
Thank you. I applied data are back.

RecuperoDati299

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 8:22:19 AMSep 19
to DataRecoveryCertification
:-) we know

you welcome or 'prego' in Italian




zyana itsolutions

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 3:26:41 PMSep 19
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
some time this could make case worst due to not accessible area of approx 10%

RecuperoDati299

unread,
Sep 19, 2026, 3:42:57 PMSep 19
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
Sooner or later we will find one...

... 'till today never happened 



pbzcbf...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 20, 2026, 1:25:29 PMSep 20
to DataRecoveryCertification
I notice that the two "komplet" files are not identical. Also, the recovered bad areas seem to have a 16-bit word at the end of each 0x1000-byte block. I have no idea what this means, if anything.

Does anyone have other, similar examples? Any examples of repaired modules, before and after repair?

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages