No power

Firdous

Jan 3, 2021, 4:10:42 AM1/3/21
to DataRecoveryCertification
Hi

WD40NDZW-11MR8S1 drive USB not powering UP , Convert to sata not use because encryption is new. I have attached not powering board, can someone help me to find out the damage components on the attached board ?
20210103_120427.jpg

Data Recovery Guru

Jan 3, 2021, 8:02:35 AM1/3/21
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
Those are cheap. Similar model is available at the store.
Can buy and compare new vs old PCB component test.

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021, 4:10 AM Firdous <firdo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

WD40NDZW-11MR8S1 drive USB not powering UP , Convert to sata not use because encryption is new. I have attached not powering board, can someone help me to find out the damage components on the attached board ?

Desert Data Recovery

Jan 3, 2021, 1:13:15 PM1/3/21
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
I have had a few of these drives where the USB connector has come loose. Plug in just the PCB and wiggle the connector and see if the light comes on. At least you will know if it's the connector or not. I have done one CPU swap with a totally failed board. But not recommended unless it's the last option.

Chris Berge

Jan 3, 2021, 3:12:54 PM1/3/21
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
Tim, What chips did you have to swap on this model to make that work?

Chris Berge - Owner
Neuralearth Technology Services
7240 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97213

Desert Data Recovery

Jan 3, 2021, 3:27:06 PM1/3/21
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
CPU/MCU. People refer to it differently. The one protected by the red pad.

pbzcbf...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2021, 3:36:37 PM1/3/21
to DataRecoveryCertification
If it is a power problem, I would check the TVS diode and "000" resistor.

If they are OK, then I would measure the voltages at the various test points.

If it is a USB connector problem, try USB 2.0. That uses different signal pins than 3.0.

Mohamed Firdous

Jan 3, 2021, 9:41:33 PM1/3/21
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
Which one is tvs diods ? Sometimes the light was trying to blink, but i check usb connector seems ok. I have many usb board similar but encryption chip numbers are different. I'm little new to electronic fault finding so please mark which component need to test.

pbzcbf...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2021, 11:31:42 PM1/3/21
to DataRecoveryCertification
Please look again.

Mohamed Firdous

Jan 4, 2021, 1:43:33 AM1/4/21
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Thank you, I didn't notice.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 7:31 AM pbzcbf...@gmail.com <pbzcbf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please look again.

t...@desertdatarecovery.com

Jan 4, 2021, 11:07:46 AM1/4/21
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com

Chris

Now I am back in the office, here are some pics of the MCU transfer.

But like I say, only to be used as last resort.

Tim

Tim Homer - Lead Engineer

Desert Data Recovery

t...@desertdatarecovery.com

www.desertdatarecovery.com

PCB_1.jpg
PCB_2.jpg
PCB_3.jpg

Mohamed Firdous

Jan 5, 2021, 8:47:03 AM1/5/21
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks to all your valuable info , the zero ohm resistor was partially removed so I soldered back and the drive detected all data recovered. special thanks for @pbzcbf...

VietGamer

Mar 5, 2024, 4:47:00 AMMar 5
to DataRecoveryCertification
Hi, can you send me back these pictures??? Many thanks

pbzcbf...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2024, 1:08:27 PMMar 5
to DataRecoveryCertification

VietGamer