WD Spyglass heard swap practice

epeace2009

Jun 3, 2024, 8:26:03 AMJun 3
to DataRecoveryCertification
Hi
I need help how to choose proper donor for these Spyglass, Spyglass2 and 3 type of drives?
What to watch on sticker regarding good donor except model and date of production?
Is there some info on HSA also which can give us info are heads compatible?
Is there difference when looking for these info for SPG1 , 2 and 3, Ultra ?

Thanks

Artem Rubtsov

Jun 3, 2024, 10:59:31 AMJun 3
to DataRecoveryCertification
Any Spyglass (1,2,3, UL) heads work in any Spyglass drive. First SG1 models have used (very rarely) different type of heads but it seems that WD stopped doing that, at least in North America.
4TB SG3 models sometimes use 8 heads and not 10, so be aware of that.

epeace2009

Jun 4, 2024, 2:58:06 PMJun 4
to DataRecoveryCertification

Thank you for answer. Today I swapped for the first time successfuly  heads for WD5TB SP2 Ultra! :D
Now I have problem with slow reading. Is there any solution for these type  of hdd for slow reading????

Justin Skinner

Jun 5, 2024, 11:12:58 AMJun 5
to DataRecoveryCertification
Block SA writing, I find this speeds things up a bit!

t...@desertdatarecovery.com

Jun 5, 2024, 11:15:23 AMJun 5
to datarecovery...@googlegroups.com

Slow responding in RAM (RAM only) can also help.

Tim Homer - Lead Engineer

Desert Data Recovery

t...@desertdatarecovery.com

www.desertdatarecovery.com

--
Data Recovery Certification Group / for issue with google group please email sc...@myharddrivedied.com
---

Amarbir[CDR-Labs]

Jun 6, 2024, 2:57:05 PMJun 6
to DataRecoveryCertification
Yes ,
     Blocking SA Modification Will solve many cases

epeace2009

Jun 6, 2024, 3:18:46 PMJun 6
to DataRecoveryCertification
Hi
Thank you for advises guys! I appreciate these advises.

Cheers