Firefox 3 and Microformats

Brady BD

May 22, 2008, 10:52:12 PM5/22/08
to DataPortability.Action.Technical
It looks like Mozilla has made the decision not to include
Microformats in the Firefox UI...

What are your reactions? Does this have implications for data
portability?

Read more:
http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/What_Happened_to_the_Microformats_Support_in_Firefox_3

--
Brady Brim-DeForest
www.brimdeforest.com

Julian Bond

May 23, 2008, 2:40:41 AM5/23/08
to dataportability...@googlegroups.com
Brady BD <bra...@gmail.com> Thu, 22 May 2008 19:52:12

>It looks like Mozilla has made the decision not to include
>Microformats in the Firefox UI...
>
>What are your reactions? Does this have implications for data
>portability?
>
>Read more:
>http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/What_Happened_to_the_Microformats_Support_
>in_Firefox_3

This feels right to me. The right place for Microformats support is in
Add-Ons until there are more competing add-ons and some consensus
emerges as to how to use them.

--
Julian Bond E&MSN: julian_bond at voidstar.com M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173
Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/ T: +44 (0)192 0412 433

Christian Scholz / Tao Takashi (SL)

May 23, 2008, 8:59:51 AM5/23/08
to dataportability...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

For adoption of Microformats this probably is bad news as it would be
better to have it directly integrated into the browser.

As for data portability I guess it doesn't matter as this mainly is
data being transferred from one server to another with no firefox
involved directly.

-- Christian

--
Christian Scholz
Tao Takashi (Second Life name)

Company: http://comlounge.net
Tech Video Blog: http://comlounge.tv
IRC: MrTopf/Tao_T

Bob Ngu

May 23, 2008, 12:56:04 PM5/23/08
to DataPortability.Action.Technical
That's kind of a shame really, I was looking forward to having native
microformats support in FF3. Even in its current state, I have found
microformats useful and I think that more users would appreciate it if
it is natively supported in FF3, oh well, maybe next version.