WIki Structure

Christian Scholz / Tao Takashi (SL)

May 5, 2008, 7:59:59 AM5/5/08
to dataportability...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I just wanted to get things clear on the wiki structure. Right now
there seem to be two places where technical documentation is stored:

* The Technical Action Group Homepage
http://wiki.dataportability.org/display/dpmain/Technical

* Initiatives/Technical Documentation
http://wiki.dataportability.org/display/dpmain/Technical+Documentation

Most documents have the latter as a parent but the page itself is empty.

So the question now is the following: Should the public facing
documents reside on the latter page
while we use the Technical Action Group page for more internal
affairs. We could e.g. list the projects
there which might come out of Julian's Action List (engage with
various communities etc.), we can list
chat logs, phone conference recordings (if we do them) and so on.

So the TAG page is more internal (but open to anybody to participate)
and the Initiatives/Technical Docs
might be filled with the stuff which is now on the TAG homepage (not
all of it maybe, mostly Use Cases and
Best Practices Documents).

Right now at least the linkage is confusing. You click e.g. on Use
Cases and land on a different part of the
wiki and have no easy way to get back (e.g. with the breadcrumbs/path on top).

So what do you think?

-- Christian

--
Christian Scholz