state of the semantic web: representation and realism

1 view

Rick Murphy

Jul 25, 2008, 9:32:03 AM7/25/08
to DataPortability.Action.Technical
Hi All:
I understand that this group has an interest in issues related to the
semantic web, so I thought members might enjoy a recent post on my
blog regarding the state of the semantic web.

http://phaneron.rickmurphy.org/?p=25

The post begins ...

Danny Ayers made a request for comments on the state of the semantic
web a few weeks ago. I’ll preface this post by saying the state of the
semantic web is very good by which I mean some very good design
decisions were made early on that ensured a vibrant academic research
base, a broad marketplace for technology transfer and an eager
community of technology providers to realize the vision of a web of
meaning. I’m personally very positive overall on the state of the
semantic web. The semantic web is now pretty close to the best of all
possible worlds. (ha, ha, ha) All that being said it’s time to sharpen
my pencil a bit and offer a critique on a few of the finer points of
the state of the semantic web: representation and realism.

Enjoy and best wishes ...

Rick