Next steps as an organisation

Elias Bizannes

Aug 17, 2010, 2:32:01 PM8/17/10
to DataPortability.Action.Steering, Barbosa, Daniela, Brady Brim-DeForest, Steve Repetti, Rai, Alisa Leonard
At the Steering meeting, we discussed how to focus our efforts.

I'm assuming the leadership on the Portability Policy work, as the chair of the workgroup Steve Greenberg is unable to contribute in the immediate term due to other commitments.

Identified workstreams:
- Badging, icons. Led by Brady.
- Core questions. Led my me.
- Machine readable implementations. Led my Steve Repetti, once Brady and myself are ready to proceed
- Adoption. Rai has been allocated manager. Daniela, can you be the lead on this?

We also discussed the impact our recent blog posts on TechCrunch and Mashable had - it's created additional discussion in the industry and bringing in a new generation of supporters. We said we need to continue this as it helps our agenda stay relevant in the market place - and try to work with the major blogs to post more guest posts from a variety of people on issue-specific issues. Alisa, would you like to work with me on this?

Please ping me if you have any suggestions on other work-streams or if you want to contribute.
Actions:
- Brady and Elias are to discuss the core questions and badging - and how it will work. Meeting will be tomorrow, all welcome
- Rai to pull together a list of companies and relationships individuals in our group have. She will track the status of our reach out to them (regarding portability policy adoption) according to the following categories: "last contacted", "last responded", "intention to adopt the policy", "road blocks towards implementation", and "implementation status",

Elias Bizannes
http://eliasbizannes.com