OSCON, Federated Social Summit and Portland this weekend

Phil Wolff

Jul 14, 2010, 8:30:46 PM7/14/10
to dataportabilit...@googlegroups.com, dataportabi...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Anybody going to be in Portland on Sunday for the Federated Social Summit?[1,2] Someone should be there to advocate for our portability issues as they hash out social network interop technologies.

OSCON starts Monday, a great place to ask "What's your data portability policy?"

[1] http://status.net/2010/06/28/federated-social-web-summit-2010-announced
[2] http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/Main_Page

Drummond Reed

Jul 14, 2010, 8:38:01 PM7/14/10
to dataportabilit...@googlegroups.com, dataportabi...@googlegroups.com, Kaliya Hamlin
Phil,

I'm not able to make it myself, but Kaliya Hamlin and a few others involved with VRM, personal data stores, and XDI are attending, and they can help hammer home the need for data portability.

I'm cc'ing Kaliya so she can share her thoughts.

=Drummond