What about jobs?

3 views
Skip to first unread message

ripanti

unread,
Jan 12, 2008, 3:04:09 PM1/12/08
to DataPortability Workgroup
In our more then 20 communities, one of the post important aspect is
carrier.
What most of the people are looking for, is a portable CV. Is it
possible to creat a standard for this?

To publish jobs in a lot of places, we use HR-XML.

How can we work on this for a CV?

Thanks
Marco

Steve Ganz

unread,
Jan 12, 2008, 5:10:01 PM1/12/08
to DataPortability Workgroup
On Jan 12, 12:04 pm, ripanti <ripa...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> In our more then 20 communities, one of the post important aspect is
> carrier.
> What most of the people are looking for, is a portable CV. Is it
> possible to create a standard for this?

There already is one. The hResume microformat. http://microformats.org/wiki/hresume

LinkedIn has used hResume to publish public profiles since early 2007.
Check out yours at http://www.linkedin.com/in/ripanti

ripanti

unread,
Jan 13, 2008, 4:14:06 AM1/13/08
to DataPortability Workgroup


On Jan 12, 11:10 pm, Steve Ganz <steveg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 12, 12:04 pm, ripanti <ripa...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > In our more then 20 communities, one of the post important aspect is
> > carrier.
> > What most of the people are looking for, is a portable CV. Is it
> > possible to create a standard for this?
>
> There already is one. The hResume microformat.http://microformats.org/wiki/hresume
>
> LinkedIn has used hResume to publish public profiles since early 2007.
> Check out yours athttp://www.linkedin.com/in/ripanti

yes .. thats right. how can i found another integration ob hResume?

Is it possible to define a standard resume for every country? e.g. in
Germany the people like to send a pic with the resume, in the US it's
not usual.

marco

Steve Ganz

unread,
Jan 13, 2008, 10:48:10 PM1/13/08
to DataPortability Workgroup
On Jan 13, 1:14 am, ripanti <ripa...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> yes .. thats right. how can i found another integration ob hResume?

http://microformats.org/wiki/hresume#Implementations

> Is it possible to define a standard resume for every country? e.g. in
> Germany the people like to send a pic with the resume, in the US it's
> not usual.

I think it's hResume certainly provides a good foundation. hResume is
compound microformat at the heart of which is hCard. hCard has fields
like "photo" and "image". http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages