Project SquirrelNet (duplicate post from Evangelism group)

1 view

Mike Reynolds

Jan 26, 2008, 10:14:33 AM1/26/08
to DataPortability Workgroup
I posted this over in the Evangelism group. Just wanted to let the
broader group know of my efforts...
=======================================
I'm beginning to work on a project where I look at DP with respect to
non-techies, AOL-type people and even pre-AOL type people. My goal is
to suggest a strategy that will help us motivate these folks to sign
onto what I'll just say is "the new internet".

Lacking any other succinct way to describe this project, I'll just
call it Project SquirrelNet. SquirrelNet.com is a website I founded
back in 1999 that helps "basic" folks use search engines, computers
and the internet. My apologies on the site design - I built it a long
time ago and haven't updated the style much. :)

The specific steps I'm taking:

1. Define barriers to a satisfactory experience with computers and
the internet
2. Suggest a concise and simple set of tips to make using computer
and the internet easier
3. Explain how portability can help enhance a satisfactory computer
and internet experience

My very first article is here. It's not much - just kicking off the
conversation at my site. Just wanted to let you see the "tone" I'm
taking:
http://schlerplotti.typepad.com/squirrelnet/2008/01/squirrelnet-vis.html

Cheers,
Mike