San Francisco Bay Area Attention Meetup- January 15th anyone interested in leading discussion?

danielabarbosa

Jan 9, 2008, 2:15:10 PM1/9/08
to DataPortability Workgroup
Hi everyone.

Mads Rydahl, one of the coordinators of the San Francisco Bay Area
Attention Meetup (http://attention.meetup.com/1/) has reached out to
me and asked if there are members of the DP Workgroup who would be
interested in coming to the Attention Data Meetup on Tuesday the 15th.

The request he made is to engage in a conversation about the
implications of the recent news and to have a general discussion with
the Meetup audience (see Meetup profile for members) about "the
drivers that are chipping away at the user lock-in" (his words).

I have been to a couple of these meetups over the last year and also
find the conversation engaging and useful- typically many developers
working in the attention space attend and it can be a good audience to
engage that are already using or considering using some of the core
pieces of DP stack.

If you are in the Bay area, or will be and would like to participate
can you please reply here and/or drop me a line
daniela...@gmail.com

thanks!
-daniela

ripanti

Jan 10, 2008, 8:29:01 AM1/10/08
to DataPortability Workgroup
sounds great, i plan something simmilar in europe.

marco
> danielavbarb...@gmail.com
>
> thanks!
> -daniela

danielabarbosa

Jan 11, 2008, 11:18:13 AM1/11/08
to DataPortability Workgroup
There has been a lot of posts on the group (great stuff!) so i am
pushing this request back up. Please see my original post below.

Robyn Tippins from Yahoo! has already signed-up and i am going since i
am a regular attendee. Any other takers? Please advise today because i
need to get back to Mads.

Also, I know that has been conversations about having Data Portability
Workgroup meetups regularly (in SF and globally like Marco comments)
and i am all for it- will do a secondary post on that in the next day.
So we can start planning.

thanks-daniela

danielavbarbosa @gmail.com

Marco Ripanti

Jan 11, 2008, 3:41:20 PM1/11/08
to datapor...@googlegroups.com
A few minutes ago I start to plan a dataportability summit in Europe.
If you are interested to take part, please let me know.

http://data-portabilty.pbwiki.com/

Marco