Re: [DataPortability-Public] *** IMPORTANT – DATA PORTABILITY ELECTIONS ***

Elias Bizannes

Nov 9, 2009, 1:48:27 PM11/9/09
to dataportab...@googlegroups.com, dataportabi...@googlegroups.com
Nomination to stand on the Steering Group in 2010
To: DataPortability voting mailing list: dataportab...@googlegroups.com
cc: DataPortability community: dataportabi...@googlegroups.com

* I was one of the founding members of the DataPortability workgroup, and have been instrumental in the growth and development of what we now regard the DataPortability Project. I drove the creation of the governance and workflow task force which forms the basis of our organisation's governance and deliverable-based culture; I led the development of the vision & mission which forms the DNA of our organisation's policy; and I am currently playing an active role developing the EULA and ToS work that will be core to the DPP's future. I am also in the process of documenting several position papers which explain the business case for data portability.

* I currently serve as the vice-chair of the Steering Group and have recently relocated to San Francisco from Sydney Australia. I'm also a member of the Open Web Foundation, the OpenID Foundation, and have been involved in various capacities in the APML workgroup, the Activity Streams workgroup, the DiSo Project, W3C Social Web Incubator, and Identity Commons.

* I would like to serve another term on the Steering Group because I feel we have yet to achieve our true potential. I've invested hundreds of hours since November 2007 to get us to where we are now, and I want to continue driving the Project to where I think it can have the most impact on the world. I feel with the position papers and the EULA work now maturing as work products, we now have 'things' to take to the world and I want to make 2010 a year where we make our biggest bang yet.

* Please take this self-nomination as intent to be a member of the Plenary and of the Steering Group in 2010, with a willingness to participate in an election if required.

Elias Bizannes
http://eliasbizannes.com

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Steve Repetti <st...@steverepetti.com> wrote:

*** IMPORTANT – DATA PORTABILITY ELECTIONS ***

Pursuant to the Data Portability Charter, it is time to elect the Data
Portability steering committee for the upcoming 2010 term.

The general process is as follows:

Interested parties must nominate themselves or be nominated (and
accept)
 - Nominees should post a message to the DPP public message board
stating their intention, a brief background, and interest/experience
in Data Portability
 - Must be an eligible plenary member
 - Nominations must be received no later than midnight (GMT) November
23.

To be eligible to vote, participants must be a member of the plenary
 - A person becomes an active member of the PLENARY by posting a
message to the dataportability-voting mailing list declaring their
intention to be a member
 - Active membership in the PLENARY expires annually for all members
at midnight, GMT on the last day of the OPERATING YEAR.
 - Current members may declare their intention to remain in good
standing for the following year up to 30 days before this date.
 - People who have joined the PLENARY no less than one week before the
election opens are considered eligible to vote.

Voting shall begin on December 1st (GMT) and end midnight (GMT)
December 8th
 - Each member of the PLENARY shall have one vote to cast for each
open seat.
 - They may cast all votes for one candidate, or one vote each for
multiple candidate.
 - A member may also choose to cast only some of their votes and
abstain the remainder.

Winners to be announced upon certification of the election results
within 48 hours from election close.

Newly elected committee members will begin their 1 year term on
January 1, 2010.

Submitted by:
Steve Repetti
DataPortability Secretary

Brady Brim-DeForest

Nov 18, 2009, 9:06:00 AM11/18/09
to dataportab...@googlegroups.com, dataportabi...@googlegroups.com
Nomination to stand for election for the DataPortability Steering Group in 2010
To: DataPortability voting mailing list: dataportab...@googlegroups.com
cc: DataPortability community: dataportabi...@googlegroups.com

Fellow members and observers of the DataPortability Project, I would
like to submit to you my nomination to serve as a member of the
Steering Group of the DataPortability Project.

I have been involved with the DataPortability Project since January
2008 and have served as a member of the Steering Group since August of
2008.

I have a deep rooted passion for both data portability and open web
advocacy. I have extensive experience in non-profit management and
have personally written and filed the IRS exemption applications for
over a dozen organizations. My board experience spans both the
non-profit and for-profit worlds, and my many years of experience in
brand strategy have been put to use for the Project over the past two
years.

I am inspired to help drive forward both the DataPortability Project's
fundraising and advocacy/evangelism efforts and I feel that my
location in Southern California and my active role in the
entertainment/tech community here can bring value to the Project in
this region.

Beyond my work for DataPortability, I have been an active participant
in a number of organizations working on related problem sets, most
notably, the Open Web Foundation, where I have served as a member of
the Board since earlier this year, as well as Secretary of the Board
since September 2008. In addition, I am a member of the OpenID
Foundation, the OpenSocial Foundation, and a co-founder of the
OpenFriends Project.

Thank you for your consideration. Please feel free to reach out to me
if you'd like to know more.

* This nomination serves as notice of intent to enroll as a member of
the Plenary and to stand for election to the Steering Group in 2010.

Brady Brim-DeForest
http://www.brimdeforest.com

Anthony Broad-Crawford

Nov 24, 2009, 12:09:53 AM11/24/09
to DataPortability.General.Vote
I would like to nominate myself to stand on the steering group as well
in 2010

I have been participating in the group since September 2008 and was
elected to the steering committee earlier this year and also serve as
chair of the Healthcare Taskforce.

DataPortability is my passion. I have been solving interoperability
problems for the last seven years and most recently in the healthcare
sector for the last three. During that time I have participated in
the OAuth, ActivityStream and Pubsubhubbub groups and I am currently
implementing them in several platforms, institutions, and companies
(all healthcare at the moment).

I want to continue serving because I feel 2010 is the year we can
fulfill the promise of portability. The mindset, desire, and
technologies are maturing to a point where progress is made daily, not
quarterly or weekly. However, there needs to be a voice and oversight
like the DataPortability group in order for it to be successful. I am
convinced I can help the project and portability succeed.

Additionally, I also participate in the OpenWeb Foundation, OpenSocial
Foundation, and Health 2.0 Accelerator.

I thank you for your consideration and your time. Cheers.

Anthony Broad-Crawford
Vice President and Chief Technology Officer @ Within3
www.anthonybroadcrawford.com