G-Cloud standards

Neil McEvoy

Apr 20, 2011, 9:24:32 PM4/20/11
to DataPortability.General

Howdy folks

One of the key requirements that Governments in the USA, UK etc., are
looking for from their migrations to Cloud computing is portability,
an ability to switch in and out of Cloud provider contracts more
easily.

Do you think DataPortability is the best practice framework to propose
that can meet these needs, and if so, how?

Kind regards,

Neil.

Phil Wolff

Apr 21, 2011, 11:34:12 AM4/21/11
to dataportabi...@googlegroups.com
Neil, our group has not focused on that.

We've been paying attention to control and portability of personal data.

You're solving a broader problem, something specific to IT architecture and management. The cloud platform communities have discussed your problem set: the ability to freely, easily, quickly, completely move from one host to another. I'd look to the various many lists focusing on the administration and interoperability of cloud services.

Good luck.

- Phil Wolff