OCTranspo API: Need understanding with GetNextTripsForStop method

Mohammed Afif

Jul 19, 2015, 4:40:27 PM7/19/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'd like to get the time's a specific route will reach a specific stop and I've been trying to do that with the GetNextTripsForStop method.
I'm confused because in my mind the GetNextTripsForStop method does the same as texting 560560 with a stop number and route.
The GetNextTripsForStop method says it "Retrieves next three trips on the route for a given stop number". I figure that means that if I give it, for example the stop number 3021 (Laurier Station) and the route number 96, it will give me the next three arrival times for the 96.

When I text 560560 at 4:25pm with '3021 96 1' I get:
'Stop 3021 route 96 St-Laurent at 16:34 [...] 17:03* [...] 17:30* to St. Laurent'

But when I hit the api with stopNo=3021 and routeNo=96 also at 4:25pm I get these times: 15:20, 15:50, and 16:20.

Could someone tell me why the API gives me times that are in the past? Can someone tell me if I'm right in assuming this method should behave like texting 560560?

- Mohammed

Mohammed Afif

Jul 19, 2015, 4:42:40 PM7/19/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com

Here's some of the data from the response