Using OC Transpo API with Android's Tasker?

Jason Ross

Mar 1, 2016, 5:50:46 AM3/1/16
to Open Data Ottawa
Hi,

I'm new to using APIs.  I'd like to setup a simple command on my phone to check for the GPS time arrivals of 86 Elmvale at Mackenzie King.

I use Tasker a lot to automate things on my phone.  It has an HTTP Post function and I was wondering if I could use that to access the API?  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jason

Cyrus Kafai Wu

Mar 1, 2016, 11:03:40 PM3/1/16
to Open Data Ottawa
Resources here:

You need to register and get approved though!

Jason Ross

Mar 2, 2016, 12:13:09 AM3/2/16
to Open Data Ottawa
I already did.  I find the documentation somewhat lacking though.  Especially since I've never worked with APIs before.  I was wondering specifically if anyone had any experience with Android's Tasker App.