Here's 5 minutes of OC Transpo GPS data (14k datapoints).

Kevin O'Donnell

Mar 24, 2015, 3:54:10 PM3/24/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com, civicaccess discuss
Hi all,

I did an MFIPPA to obtain 5 minutes of GPS data (14k datapoints) from February 10th. My goal with this first set of data was to learn what data is available.

I'm hoping someone on this list is familiar with the data format produced by OC Transpo's system.

Anyone know what DELTA_TIME and EVENT_TYPE is, for example?

After I have a handle on what it is we're dealing with I'm going to go back and obtain a full year or two of data, which hopefully won't be enormously costly.

If anyone can help, it's much appreciated! Feel free to just drop comments right in the document.

Cheers,
Kevin.

Alex deVries

Mar 24, 2015, 5:32:34 PM3/24/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com, civicaccess discuss

There's various descriptions online about GTFS. Have you looked at threads like:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13407468/gettings-stops-associated-with-a-route-from-gtfs-data

?

Also, where are you getting the GTFS route number from?

If OC Transpo can't answer your questions, maybe Clever Devices could. Looks like their product...

- A

Kevin O'Donnell

Mar 25, 2015, 9:08:17 AM3/25/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Yes - have seen all the GTFS data, it's just a question of matching the GPS live data to the closest approximation of which trips.txt it is meant to be.

Doesn't look like early/late data is in the GPS dump I got. I may need to ask for it explicitly. It's possible OC transpo has the data and can "JOIN" to it in a subsequent MFIPPA. But my requset was for "GPS logs", and it looks like early/late isn't part of the GPS data feed itself. (which is reasonable).