Difference between API v1.1 and v1.2

Jean-Francois Bibeau

Apr 26, 2015, 12:50:16 PM4/26/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com
So I just noticed the OCTranspo API is now at 1.2. I remember getting an email when 1.0 got moved to 1.1 with a list of changes, but I can't find a similar list of the differences between 1.1 and 1.2. At first glance I see the new /gtfs endpoint, is there anything else that changed? Changelog anywhere?

Thanks!
JF

KM

May 12, 2015, 3:18:52 PM5/12/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jean-Francois:

Did you ever get this answered? Something has recently changed on the OCTranspo API server that has broken all of the BB10 apps. I am trying to find a contact to email. Would you happen to know who maintains the API?

Thanks

Koko

Jean-Francois Bibeau

May 12, 2015, 3:23:54 PM5/12/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Try this email: ocope...@ottawa.ca

As far as I know, something went wrong with their SSL certificate (or they didn't renew it), so all calls to the API broke as well on Android. As a workaround, I modified my app to use http:// instead of https://.

I was never able to get any answer out of OC Transpo as to what happened. To be honest communication has really been lacking. Still no word on what happened, what the right way to fix it is, and I still don't know what changed between 1.1 and 1.2 so I'm hesitant to switch without knowing what will break.

JF

Koko Mihan

May 12, 2015, 3:40:42 PM5/12/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks JF. I appreciate your quick reply. When I debugged the app, I was getting an SSL handshake error so it is may very well be a certificate issue.

I'll try that email and let you know if I get anywhere.

Thanks again,
Koko

Koko Mihan

May 13, 2015, 2:36:02 PM5/13/15
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi JF:
I got an official reply. This is what they said:

It looks like the issue was with Blackberry 10 not supporting newer TLS 1.2 ciphers. We've relaxed the security settings in the server's SSL configuration to allow older SSLv3 / TLS 1.0 ciphers (though the SSLv3 protocol is still disabled in the server configuration to protect against the POODLE bug).

If you see an error saying that the certificate has expired on April 27, 2016 then you have an expired GlobalSign Root certificate on your device. This can be removed by finding the expired GlobalSign Root certificate under Settings > Security and Privacy > Certificates and unchecking the "Trusted" checkbox."

Not sure if Android has the same issue. I also tried just using http but it's pretty intermittent and throws a 503 a lot of the times.

In any case it looks like they may have fixed it now.

Cheers,
Koko