var Scoping

Kym Kovan

Feb 18, 2011, 1:13:19 AM2/18/11
to DataMgr
Hi Steve,

I just got round to updating the DataMgr 2.5 alpha1 that I have been
running in SLCMS to 2.5 beta2. I was having a big housekeeping session
and at the same time ran the varScoper tool
(http://www.schierberl.com/varscoper) over all of the code in the CMS so
that included the DataMgr folder. We have just had a burst of
development on SLCMS so we needed to check (it is meant to run on
ACF8/OpenBD/Railo so we can't assume automatic local scoping). I was
amazed/distressed at how many vars we had missed, particularly as I had
done most of the coding :-) (note to myself, I must slow down and check
as I go)

I thought you might like to know that there are a couple of spots in
DataMgr where there are variables not in the var scope that look like
they should be. Mainly things like using "i" instead of "ii" for a loop
counter, or the other way round, so no big deal unless you are on a high
traffic site...

--
Yours,

Kym

Steve Bryant

Feb 21, 2011, 5:21:33 PM2/21/11
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Kym,

Thanks for the heads up. I think I have run varScoper on my local copy
not too long ago (I was confident it was pass with flying colors, but
alas, it was not to be). I will be sure to run it again before the
next release though.

Thanks,

Steve