The "variant" data type is not supported

CJB

Mar 29, 2011, 3:29:19 PM3/29/11
to DataMgr
I'm getting the following error:

Error Type: database : 0
Error Messages: The "variant" data type is not supported.

It appears to be happening on line 26 of DataMgrEngine_railo.cfc on
the following:

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion') AS VersionNum

If I run this manually, it works and produces: 10.50.1600.1

I wasn't having the problem when using MySQL, but when I changed the
datasource this started. I've reset everything, I'm running Railo
3.2.1.000 on Resin using DataMgr 2.5 beta 2.

If I used DataMgr 2.2.0.3 I get the following error:

Error Messages: Incorrect syntax near 'person'.
SELECT COLUMN_NAME AS Field, DATA_TYPE AS Type,
CHARACTER_MAXIMUM_LENGTH AS MaxLength, IS_NULLABLE AS AllowNulls,
ColumnProperty( Object_ID('person'),COLUMN_NAME,'IsIdentity') AS
IsIdentity, Column_Default as [Default], NUMERIC_PRECISION AS
[Precision], NUMERIC_SCALE AS Scale
FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
WHERE table_name = 'person' ORDER BY Ordinal_Position

This also runs manually.

Any suggestions?

Steve Bryant

Mar 29, 2011, 3:54:55 PM3/29/11
to dat...@googlegroups.com
I haven't had the chance to play with Railo lately, but it seems like
every once in a while their "Preserve Single Quotes" functionality
changes.

You might try finding this line in DataMgrEngine_railo.cfc:
<cfset sRailoQuery["psq"] = "true">

and change that value to false.

Let me know how you make out.

Steve

CJB

Mar 31, 2011, 11:18:39 AM3/31/11
to DataMgr
Just to follow up, I updated Railo to the latest bleeding edge release
and using DataMgr 2.2.0.3, it now works....no changes necessary. It
did not work for the beta 2 release, however.

Thank you for your help.