Varchar(Max) instead of TEXT datatypes in MSSQL

Sean Ford

Aug 29, 2010, 4:44:40 AM8/29/10
to DataMgr
Steve,

I've come across a problem where I use Varchar(max) datatypes as
opposed to TEXT for the last few years. Unfortunately, DataMGR only
sees these as Varchar and assigns a max length of 255 to them. It
accordingly assigns them a cf_datatype value of CF_VARCHAR instead of
CF_LONGVARCHAR. With the new versioning code that was added for
offsets, could we find a way to use VARCHAR(max) instead of TEXT for
versions 2005 and newer. It is the recommended type according to
Microsoft as well as others.

Thanks,

Sean

Steve Bryant

Aug 30, 2010, 4:59:40 PM8/30/10
to dat...@googlegroups.com
Sean,

Great question. I certainly think that should be possible. Let me
check into it a bit and I will let you know.

Thanks,

Steve