Invitation to discuss technical architecture of National Data Platform | Saturday, 9th July 2:30 pm

gggod...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2022, 10:41:46 AM7/7/22
to datameet
Dear DataMeet Member,

The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) & National Informatics Centre (NIC) are developing a National Data Platform (NDP) for India, to enable all interested government and private entities to contribute, discover and use data without compromising on their business and social goals, data rights, and other concerns.

CivicDataLab is working with NIC to build a pilot version of the NDP as an umbrella platform to discover, view and use datasets made available by various contributing government and private data platforms. In this regard, CivicDataLab is organising a stakeholder consultation on forming up of the vision towards National Data Platform. With this consultation, we hope to get valuable inputs and critical feedback to conceptualise the technical architecture of the platform.

As one of the key contributors to India’s data and tech community, we are writing to request your presence for a consultation on the National Data Platform to be held on:

The agenda for the consultation will be shared shortly. Meanwhile, we request you to confirm your participation and RSVP here, latest by the 8th July, 2022. We understand that this comes at a short notice, but we still hope that you will be able to make it and share your inputs.

A bit of a background about us and our work – CivicDataLab (CDL) is a private research lab working at the intersection of data, tech, design and social science to strengthen access to public data to improve citizen participation towards better governance in India. For the last four years, CDL has been working to strengthen the data-for-good ecosystem in India and have been co-creating open data initiatives like Open Budgets India, Justice Hub, Open Contracting India, Open City and more.

We look forward to your expertise and feedback to enrich the discussion.

Regards,

Gaurav Godhwani

Director & Co-founder,

CivicDataLab

[Public] National Data Platform - Introduction.pdf