Local Body election data

Prk

Jun 7, 2019, 4:46:02 PM6/7/19
to datameet
Hi,

Does anyone know any data on either Gram Panchayat elections or the Nagar Palika elections?
Ideally I was looking for these for Odisha, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Kerala, Karnataka, Gujarat and Karnataka. Since this is collected by each State's election body, I have been only able to find it for a few states (on their website) but only for the last election held. Further, some of them are in local languages and pdf formats.

I am altering my research given the lack of data and was wondering if anyone knows any data for these elections. I need a minimum of 2 election cycles.

Any data source for any state of India would be appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,
Purnima

Nikhil VJ

Jun 8, 2019, 1:20:31 AM6/8/19
to datameet
Hi Purnima,

This is from beyond your specific areas so probably doesn't answer your specific request, but sharing nevertheless for broader reference and it is pertinent to the subject line.

There's some rich data on Pune Municipal Corporations elections of 2017 on the Pune Open Data Portal:

(if direct link doesn't work, one can navigate to the main site, find Election category there)

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ, Pune, India

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

blessing isaiah

Jun 8, 2019, 3:22:59 PM6/8/19
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Purnima,

This one place where  I hope  you can get some info https://kgis.ksrsac.in/election/LokSabhaResultGisView.aspx

Best regards,
Blessing Isaiah

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 2:16 AM Prk <purnima...@gmail.com> wrote:

Prk

Jun 10, 2019, 1:49:09 PM6/10/19
to datameet
Thank you Nikhil and Blessing Isaiah.
These are very helpful.

I also found these for Uttarakhand - http://secresult.uk.gov.in
I still need to find a way to get these off the internet but posting this in case anyone else is looking for something similar.

Regards,
Purnima

On Saturday, 8 June 2019 20:22:59 UTC+1, blessing isaiah wrote:
[...]

ashwini...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2022, 10:07:44 PM11/1/22
to datameet
Hi Purnima,

I am also looking for historical data on Gram Panchayat elections with a minimum of 2 election cycles. Apart from the states mentioned on this thread, I was able to find data for Rajasthan (https://sec.rajasthan.gov.in/StatisticsArchiveNew.aspx) and Kerala (https://www.sec.kerala.gov.in/public/elections). I also saw the data for UP uploaded by Aarushi Kalra and Aryan Srivastava here. Were you (or anybody else in this community) able to find data for more states?

Would appreciate further tips in this regard!

Best regards,
Ashwini

Shiv Hastawala

Nov 2, 2022, 10:49:51 AM11/2/22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Purnima and Ashwin

I have gathered information on several Indian political data sets on my website: https://www.shivhastawala.com/data

You need to navigate to the tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet titled 'Political/Democratic/Civic'. I hope you are able to find some relevant stuff there.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Thanks and regards.

Yours sincerely

Shiv Hastawala

(He/His/Him)
Doctoral Student
Department of Economics
Binghamton University (State University of New York)

Zoom ID: 201 717 2613

ashwini...@gmail.com

May 6, 2023, 8:38:57 PM5/6/23
to datameet
Hi Shiv,

Thanks a lot for compiling and sharing data on various topics! This is very useful.

Best regards,
Ashwini