Data extraction from BHUVAN website

rituparn...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2021, 10:34:54 PM6/29/21
to datameet
Is it possible to extract the Lat long data of the Kolkata city Parks from this BHUVAN webpage?

https://bhuvan-app1.nrsc.gov.in/parks/rc_bhuvan.php#

Puneeth Chaganti

Jul 2, 2021, 12:16:11 AM7/2/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Yes, it is possible to extract the data. I tried to scrape the data
using curl and some simple bash + jq.

https://gist.github.com/punchagan/4d4c326f8c70850e1ac2914d7610f0c3

I started with crawling the data by ward, but I found some things about
how that data was organized, a little confusing.

So, I ended up fetching the data for each park, instead. I clubbed the
separate json files into a single file. The wards based crawl had some
additional information that may be useful, like the total population of
the ward.

- P

Anil Dandekar

Jul 2, 2021, 12:29:18 AM7/2/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
the file in gist.github.com is some kind of coding, i am unable to understand how to use it, could someone tell us how that can be used to extract the data?.from Bhuvan
thanking you
Dr. Anilkumar T Dandekar
Associate Professor of Agricultural Engineering
in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
Dept Of Agricultural Engineering,
College of Agriculture,
VC Farm, Mandya-571405

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Dilawar Singh

Jul 2, 2021, 1:47:23 AM7/2/21
to datameet
Attached is a csv file which you can open in Office application or google-sheets.

-- Dilawar
kolkata_parks.csv

Thejesh GN

Jul 4, 2021, 1:21:59 PM7/4/21
to datameet
Puneeth thanks for the script. What one can achieve with cli (specially curl and jq) always surprises me.

Is the ward geography that you got is very different from the one we have here?

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

NARESH AADHI

Jul 4, 2021, 1:25:09 PM7/4/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Dear All,

Does anyone have same information for Hyderabad..Please let me know..

With Regards
Aadhi
Osmania University

Puneeth Chaganti

Jul 5, 2021, 1:40:53 AM7/5/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thej,

On 04/07/21 10:51 pm, Thejesh GN wrote:
> Puneeth thanks for the script. What one can achieve with cli (specially
> curl and jq) always surprises me.

Yes, lately I've been using jq + curl a lot more than Python, which was
my default choice before. :)

> Is the ward geography that you got is very different from the one we
> have here?
> https://github.com/datameet/Municipal_Spatial_Data/tree/master/Kolkata
> <https://github.com/datameet/Municipal_Spatial_Data/tree/master/Kolkata>

The data gives bounding boxes for the wards, from what I understand. I
didn't try to visualize it, but the data has 141 wards - same as the
geojson linked here.

I pushed the ward json data also to the gist, in case you want to take a
look: https://gist.github.com/4d4c326f8c70850e1ac2914d7610f0c3

- Puneeth

rituparna das

Jul 7, 2021, 11:58:48 PM7/7/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Sir for helping me out.

Dilawar Singh

Aug 25, 2021, 3:08:04 AM8/25/21
to datameet
An Introduction to JQ: https://earthly.dev/blog/jq-select/  (worth bookmarking).