Virtual chat sometime?

Meera K

Nov 27, 2021, 4:41:46 AM11/27/21
to datameet
Folks,
I'd like to get better updated on current developments in the open data space in India. Also want to hear about how stuff like IUDX, Data stack etc are doing...

I am sure there are enough experts here. Perhaps some of you may have a specific topic you can talk about, do share that.

Maybe we could do a Twitter Spaces chat?

Regards,  Meera

Abhishek

Nov 27, 2021, 5:12:05 AM11/27/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Meera,

I am up for it. I along with one of my colleagues look at IUDX from the Smart Cities Mission. We can loop in the team from IISc too.

Thanks
- Abhishek Upperwal
Data Scientist, Data Analytics and Management Unit
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Alumnus, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

rigved1...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 2:22:39 AM11/30/21
to datameet
Yes, a chat up would be nice. The open data efforts have somehow gone down since the pandemic in all areas except health. Would be good to get the ball rolling again.

Meera K

Dec 6, 2021, 12:22:49 PM12/6/21
to datameet
Anybody else has any other topic to talk about?  5-7 min each then Q&A
I have checked with a couple of other friends as well who can talk on geospatial data.

We can target next week sometime.

Regards, Meera

Dr. Gayatri Doctor

Dec 7, 2021, 11:34:22 AM12/7/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
A chat would be good ... knowledge sharing.

I've been involved in academic research in the area of open data in the Indian context.

Gayatri Doctor
Associate Professor,
Faculty of Management,
CEPT University, Ahmedabad.

--
Dr Gayatri Doctor
Program Chair & Associate Professor

9898439522 ( M) 079-68310000 Extn 401

Disclaimer : The information transmitted with this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Abhishek Tiwari

Dec 7, 2021, 11:34:22 AM12/7/21
to datameet
would love to attend!

Cara Foss Arellano

Dec 7, 2021, 11:34:34 AM12/7/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to listen in on this.

--
Cara Foss Arellano
cara.a...@berkeley.edu

Khush Vachhrajani

Dec 8, 2021, 1:01:27 AM12/8/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
This is indeed a lovely initiative. Would love to both listen in as well share about some of the interesting work happening in Rajasthan and Karnataka. Both the states have developed Public Information Systems (portals) with the goal of proactively disclosing information in the most relevant and actionable manner for people to claim their entitlements, register grievances, and engage with the government throughout the process of planning, implementation, and monitoring constructively. Happy to share more about these portals as well as ongoing advocacy around them with these two and other states.

Look forward!

Best,
Khush

--

Khush Vachhrajani

National Resource Person

Social Accountability Forum for Action & Research

Phone: 9426465070  Mobile: 8951597192

Web: safar-india.org

Email: khu...@pm.me

Meera Mehta

Dec 8, 2021, 2:11:03 AM12/8/21
to data...@googlegroups.com, dinesh cept, Dhruv Bhavsar
Hi all

We can talk about our work monitoring of urban services - where we d see uppity state and city governments to use the portal PAS (performance assessment system) .. We have supported 5 states, about  1000 cities for the last 10 years ..

Do pl let us know when you arrange this

Best regards

Meera Mehta
Prof Emeritus, CEPT University, Cwas, crdf

On 06-Dec-2021, at 22:52, Meera K <meer...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anybody else has any other topic to talk about?  5-7 min each then Q&A

amish sarpotdar

Dec 8, 2021, 5:07:06 AM12/8/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Will be happy to attend and contribute. My work is in spatial data infrastructure

Dr Amish Sarpotdar
University of Manchester

H. S. Sudhira

Dec 8, 2021, 5:39:36 AM12/8/21
to datameet
Thanks, Meera for initiating this.

I would like to join as well and perhaps share some efforts on making earth observation training data open (work in progress) among others.

Sudhira.

Meera K

Dec 8, 2021, 1:30:51 PM12/8/21
to datameet
This is great - I will get back on a date/time and other details.
Do DM me your handles. My id is @meerak

Thanks, Meera