PCA for Delhi for the year 1991

Rolly Kapoor

Aug 20, 2021, 9:44:27 AM8/20/21
to datameet
Hi,
I am looking for town-village-wise primary census abstract (PCA) for the NCT of Delhi for the year 1991. I have scanned images for the same, but I am looking for a digitized version if available since I am severely time-constrained. Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rolly

Naraina Damle

Aug 20, 2021, 11:19:00 AM8/20/21
to datameet
I have shared PCA data for the entire country sometime back.
Here is the link to the folder on my personal Google Drive .

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CNh5oaX3efZbW4yo8GXqbufjy57cMR09?usp=sharing

I do not know if it has been added to the repository. It is made by me only from census website data. It could have errors. If found let me know.

NARESH AADHI

Aug 20, 2021, 11:34:44 AM8/20/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Nice information.

The data file has missing dates I think. Please look into it.

With regards,

Aadhi
Osmania University

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Naraina Damle

Aug 20, 2021, 1:29:59 PM8/20/21
to datameet
>>>The data file has missing dates I think. Please look into it.
Missing dates meaning?
Could not understand.

Naraina Damle

Aug 20, 2021, 1:39:28 PM8/20/21
to datameet
Hi,

This is only Delhi as an excel File. It has two Sheets, Urban and Rural.

Please DO crosscheck I have extracted  this but not verified anything.

On Friday, August 20, 2021 at 7:14:27 PM UTC+5:30 rolly.k...@gmail.com wrote:
PCA_DELHI_1991.xlsx

NARESH AADHI

Aug 20, 2021, 1:49:26 PM8/20/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
This is only for 1991 year I think..if that is the case I understood…

And

What is the PCA abbreviation?

Naraina Damle

Aug 23, 2021, 1:19:25 AM8/23/21
to datameet
>>This is only for 1991 year I think..if that is the case I understood…

Yes, That is what was asked.  Post subject says that.

And

>>What is the PCA abbreviation?
Primary Census Abstract. It has the following fields. and is the most important data output from census.
In addition there are several more tables with specific designations organised in  series like A, B, C D F etc.

Have  a look at this link https://censusindia.gov.in/DigitalLibrary/TablesSeries2001.aspx

PCA Structure
FIELD DESCRIPTION
State State  Code
District District Code
Subdistt Tahsil Code
Town/Village Town/Village Code
Ward Ward Code
EB Enumeration Block Code
Level Level of Area
Name Name of Area
TRU Total/Rural/Urban
No_HH Number of Households
TOT_P Total Population
TOT_M Total Male Population
TOT_F Total Female Population
P_06 0-6 Age Group Persons
M_06 0-6 Age Group Males
F_06 0-6 Age Group Females
P_SC Scheduled Caste Persons
M_SC Scheduled Caste Males
F_SC Scheduled Caste Females
P_ST Scheduled Tribe Persons
M_ST Scheduled Tribe Males
F_ST Scheduled Tribe Females
P_LIT Person Literates
M_LIT Male Literates
F_LIT Female Literates
P_ILL Person Illiterates
M_ILL Male Illiterates
F_ILL Female Illiterates
TOT_WORK_P Total Workers (Main+Marginal) Persons
TOT_WORK_M Total Workers (Main+Marginal) Males
TOT_WORK_F Total Workers (Main+Marginal) Females
MAINWORK_P Main Workers  - Persons
MAINWORK_M Main Workers  - Males
MAINWORK_F Main Workers  - Females
MAIN_CL_P Main Workers Cultivators - Persons
MAIN_CL_M Main Workers Cultivators - Males
MAIN_CL_F Main Workers Cultivators - Females
MAIN_AL_P Main Workers Agricultural Labourers - Persons
MAIN_AL_M Main Workers Agricultural Labourers - Males
MAIN_AL_F Main Workers Agricultural Labourers - Females
MAIN_HH_P Main Workers Household Industry - Persons
MAIN_HH_M Main Workers Household Industry - Males
MAIN_HH_F Main Workers Household Industry - Females
MAIN_OT_P Main Workers Other - Persons
MAIN_OT_M Main Workers Other - Males
MAIN_OT_F Main Workers Other - Females
MARGWORK_P Marginal Workers  - Persons
MARGWORK_M Marginal Workers  - Males
MARGWORK_F Marginal Workers  - Females
MARG_CL_P Marginal Workers Cultivators - Persons
MARG_CL_M Marginal Workers Cultivators - Males
MARG_CL_F Marginal Workers Cultivators - Females
MARG_AL_P Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers - Persons
MARG_AL_M Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers - Males
MARG_AL_F Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers - Females
MARG_HH_P Marginal Workers Household Industry - Persons
MARG_HH_M Marginal Workers Household Industry - Males
MARG_HH_F Marginal Workers Household Industry - Females
MARG_OT_P Marginal Workers Other - Persons
MARG_OT_M Marginal Workers Other - Males
MARG_OT_F Marginal Workers Other - Females
MARGWORK_3_6_P Marginal Workers worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Persons
MARGWORK_3_6_M Marginal Workers worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Males
MARGWORK_3_6_F Marginal Workers worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Females
MARG_CL_3_6_P Marginal Workers Cultivators worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Persons
MARG_CL_3_6_M Marginal Workers Cultivators worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Males
MARG_CL_3_6_F Marginal Workers Cultivators worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Females
MARG_AL_3_6_P Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Persons
MARG_AL_3_6_M Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Males
MARG_AL_3_6_F Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Females
MARG_HH_3_6_P Marginal Workers Household Industry worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Persons
MARG_HH_3_6_M Marginal Workers Household Industry worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Males
MARG_HH_3_6_F Marginal Workers Household Industry worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Females
MARG_OT_3_6_P Marginal Workers Other worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Persons
MARG_OT_3_6_M Marginal Workers Other worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Males
MARG_OT_3_6_F Marginal Workers Other worked for 3 - 6 moths during last year - Females
MARGWORK_0_3_P Marginal Workers worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Persons
MARGWORK_0_3_M Marginal Workers worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Males
MARGWORK_0_3_F Marginal Workers worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Females
MARG_CL_0_3_P Marginal Workers Cultivators worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Persons
MARG_CL_0_3_M Marginal Workers Cultivators worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Males
MARG_CL_0_3_F Marginal Workers Cultivators worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Females
MARG_AL_0_3_P Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Persons
MARG_AL_0_3_M Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Males
MARG_AL_0_3_F Marginal Workers Agricultural Labourers worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Females
MARG_HH_0_3_P Marginal Workers Household Industry worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Persons
MARG_HH_0_3_M Marginal Workers Household Industry worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Males
MARG_HH_0_3_F Marginal Workers Household Industry worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Females
MARG_OT_0_3_P Marginal Workers Other worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Persons
MARG_OT_0_3_M Marginal Workers Other worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Males
MARG_OT_0_3_F Marginal Workers Other worked for 0 - 3 moths during last year - Females
NON_WORK_P Non Workers - Persons
NON_WORK_M Non Workers - Males
NON_WORK_F Non Workers - Females