Data Deleted: PM Jan Dhan Yojana data archive

srinivas kodali

Sep 7, 2017, 10:41:40 PM9/7/17
to datameet
The PMJDY data on bank accounts has been removed from the website https://www.pmjdy.gov.in/archive. I archived it here.

https://github.com/iotakodali/pmjdy

These are currently pdfs, I may convert it into csv's later. If someone can fork it and convert it, please share back here

Regards,
Srinivas Kodali

Srinivasan Ramani

Sep 8, 2017, 12:03:53 AM9/8/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Srinivas!

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Thejesh GN

Sep 8, 2017, 12:56:38 AM9/8/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome. Forked and will upload to archive.org

Thej
--
Thejesh GN  ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
http://thejeshgn.com

Nikhil VJ

Sep 10, 2017, 11:47:36 PM9/10/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Some preliminary analysis:

The data is from 2014. Named by dates but few dates every month.

Latest date:
https://github.com/iotakodali/pmjdy/blob/master/data/16.08.2017.pdf

Earliest date:
https://github.com/iotakodali/pmjdy/blob/master/data/19.01.2014.pdf

Details are of no. of bank accounts opened under PMJDY as of that
date, tot. balance in the accounts etc. A 2014 file also had "No Of
Accounts With Zero Balance" but the 2017 file didn't have that column.
Will help to find out when the column was discontinued.

The data is all in english and neat tables and should be fairly
extract-able. Bank-wise details are there, all major public and
private banks covered. A visualization of the data could yield some
pattern over the 3.5 years, esp around demonetization.

On 9/8/17, Thejesh GN <i...@thejeshgn.com> wrote:
> This is awesome. Forked and will upload to archive.org
>

> Thej
> --
> Thejesh GN *⏚* ತೇಜೇಶ್ ಜಿ.ಎನ್
> http://thejeshgn.com
> GPG ID : 0xBFFC8DD3C06DD6B0
>
> On 8 September 2017 at 09:33, Srinivasan Ramani <sriniv...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Srinivas!
>>
>> On 8 Sep 2017 8:11 am, "srinivas kodali" <iota....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The PMJDY data on bank accounts has been removed from the website
>>> https://www.pmjdy.gov.in/archive. I archived it here.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/iotakodali/pmjdy
>>>
>>> These are currently pdfs, I may convert it into csv's later. If someone
>>> can fork it and convert it, please share back here
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Srinivas Kodali
>>> www.lostprogrammer.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more
>>> about us by visiting http://datameet.org
>>> ---
>>> an
>>> email to datameet+u...@googlegroups.com.
>>>
>> --
>> ---
>>

> --
> ---

Cheers,
Nikhil VJ
+91-966-583-1250
Pune / Mandangad, India
DataMeet Pune chapter <https://datameet-pune.github.io/>
Self-designed learner at Swaraj University <http://www.swarajuniversity.org>
Blog <http://nikhilsheth.blogspot.in>
Contribute <https://www.instamojo.com/@nikhilvj/>

Nikhil VJ

Feb 18, 2018, 11:28:36 PM2/18/18
to datameet
Hello, I just checked the orig site (https://www.pmjdy.gov.in/archive) and it seems to be giving data again. Earlier dates too.

The earliest date I could get through trial and error was 24/09/2014. Note that only Wednesdays work in the calendar date picker.

It may be easier to archive the data directly from the webpage than trying to convert it out of the PDFs.

For those looking for big numbers and timelines to play with, this is a good source for you. Look for fluctuations.

Nikhil VJ

Jul 12, 2018, 2:24:54 PM7/12/18
to datameet
Hi folks,

Update on this topic: Dhanesh from Pune has made a scraper for the PMJDY site:

Pratap Vardhan

Sep 6, 2018, 9:42:00 AM9/6/18
to datameet
I've pulled the data to csv files in https://github.com/pratapvardhan/pmjdy

Data is pulled up from the pmjdy archive

Regards,
Pratap

Nikhil VJ

Sep 7, 2018, 11:09:28 PM9/7/18
to datameet
Hi Pratap,
NICE work!

Now let's see someone visualize this, folks!

Some leads :
http://dygraphs.com
https://metricsgraphicsjs.org/interactive-demo.htm
https://www.highcharts.com/

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ
Payment / Contribute <https://nikhilvj.benow.in/pay>

Nitin Sathe

Sep 9, 2018, 5:44:33 PM9/9/18
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friend's

If anybody have Shape files of Madhya Pradesh Villages boundaries please forward it to me.

With Regards
Nitin Sathe
9822696254
--
SAMARTH WATER CONSULTANTS PRIVATE LIMITED,NAGPUR
MOB-9822696254 / 7720094354

Nikhil VJ

Sep 10, 2018, 8:49:03 AM9/10/18
to datameet
Hi Nitin, please make sure your email's subject line matches your content.

Please search the full datameet forum : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/datameet

Because the same request as yours has been made by others, you will have at least some chance of success by joining those people instead of posting separately.
-Nikhil