Ground water level map of India

Noor Hasan

Jun 21, 2017, 1:05:51 AM6/21/17
to datameet
Hii All,

Can anyone have a groundwater level map of India or have any link for the download for the same. Kindly help me for this regards.

Thank you

Regards
Hasan

Ma-roof M

Jun 21, 2017, 7:51:36 AM6/21/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You may want to try data from NASA Grace mission.

Kind regards
Mahroof

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Noor Hasan

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 13, 2017, 5:30:11 AM10/13/17
to datameet
Hey You can donwload that from WRIS website they have CGWD datasets .

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 13, 2017, 11:44:42 AM10/13/17
to datameet

You can interpolate the tabular data to make maps like this.

rajesh

Oct 13, 2017, 9:10:01 PM10/13/17
to datameet
Wow!

I think i still need a lot more help.

At these 2 sites (which i got at: http://cgwb.gov.in/GW-data-access.html):
http://www.india-wris.nrsc.gov.in/GWLevelApp.html?UType=R2VuZXJhbA==?UName=
http://www.india-wris.nrsc.gov.in/GWL/GWL.html?UType=R2VuZXJhbA==?UName=

I managed to download a set for Bangalore, but only got 1 year - a spreadsheet of observations from 2016. Could not find any way of getting other years. So any help getting a time series like you have displayed for Rajasthan would be great.

And of course, need help in generating the map you shared.

Thanks,
Rajesh

ps: Is there any water quality data?

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 14, 2017, 12:26:26 AM10/14/17
to datameet
Okay if you need more help call me at +919494297947 I will tell you step by step it's a simply process.

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 15, 2017, 8:44:15 AM10/15/17
to datameet

rajesh

Oct 15, 2017, 9:34:10 PM10/15/17
to datameet
Great - thank you!

The instructions look good and it is/was clearly not within my skillset. I re-downloaded Bangalore data and noticed that the yearwise data is present, just in sequence.

Now to get arcgis onto my slow, very slow computer!

Shanti,
Rajesh

Arun Ganesh

Oct 15, 2017, 10:30:20 PM10/15/17
to datameet
Awesome tutorial Sandeep. To try the same with QGIS which is open source, found: http://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/interpolating_point_data.html

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 16, 2017, 4:11:36 AM10/16/17
to datameet
Hi Shanti and rajesh,

I think you need not worry about arcgis(arcmap) performance on a slow computer its a 32-bit program and needs very low specs generally. I need to tell you one thing just turn off internet when you use arcgis as it helps a lot, i dont know why but arcgis works a lot better when you run it without internet connection active Its from my personal experience and it may help you on a low spec computer. Also if your data is different then in tutorial send me over the dataset let me have a look on that, here is my email id- Sandeep...@gmail.com.

Thank you,
Sandeep

Arun Ganesh

Oct 16, 2017, 7:38:34 AM10/16/17
to datameet
How does one download the data for the entire country in one go? The download form only allows downloading a single district at a time.

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 16, 2017, 12:35:16 PM10/16/17
to datameet
Right now the portal does not allow that, interestingly this question was in my mind too and i downloaded whole data using a fme script. Point is basically you need to know all the district name as in their database and then call the URL like this
http://www.india-wris.nrsc.gov.in/GWL/php/exportAll_xls.php?Para1=RJ&Para2=district_level&Para3=Baran
here state is RJ and district is Baran replace with your own values you can use python for that.

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 16, 2017, 1:08:11 PM10/16/17
to datameet
Also you can simply pull out all the district names from their page I have compiled a list of districts and data link, find the attached csv with this message.
CGWD_DISTRICT_DIRECTORY_DATA_LINK_INK.csv

Nikhil VJ

Oct 17, 2017, 9:50:41 PM10/17/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing this. I've downloaded data for Pune district, and
am trying to visualize it.

Could you explain what units these columns are showing :

column | sample data
MONSOON | 1.6
POSTMONSOONKHARIF | 3.2
POSTMONSOONRABI | 4.56
PREMONSOON | 5.15

Is it depth of the well? In meters? Feet?
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ
+91-966-583-1250
Pune / Mandangad, India
DataMeet Pune chapter <https://datameet-pune.github.io/>
Self-designed learner at Swaraj University <http://www.swarajuniversity.org>
Blog <http://nikhilsheth.blogspot.in>
Contribute <https://www.instamojo.com/@nikhilvj/>

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 17, 2017, 9:52:11 PM10/17/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
Ground water level in meters.

Cheers,
Nikhil VJ
+91-966-583-1250
Pune / Mandangad, India
DataMeet Pune chapter <https://datameet-pune.github.io/>
Self-designed learner at Swaraj University <http://www.swarajuniversity.org>
Blog <http://nikhilsheth.blogspot.in>
Contribute <https://www.instamojo.com/@nikhilvj/>

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Sashikumar N

Oct 19, 2017, 4:46:00 AM10/19/17
to datameet
Hi Nikhil,
Just joined the group now. I saw your other interesting posts. Thankyou. The ground water level given in CGWB data is below ground level(bgl) in meteres. Which means we need to know the accurate elevation of the well coordinates to know the actual depth to compare with other wells (aquifer mapping). As used directly it gives just depth to groundwater of the particular well. I think seasons would be self-explanatory. But here are the months. Monsoon (Aug to Nov) Post Monsoon Kharif (Nov to Jan) Post monsoon Rabi (Jan to May) Pre-monsoon (May to Aug)

regards
sashi

archi planner

Oct 21, 2017, 2:14:50 PM10/21/17
to datameet
Dear all,

I did a sample compilation for Rajasthan.
Please use the links given in the file.

Best!!
RJ.txt

Sandeep Kumar

Oct 21, 2017, 2:17:14 PM10/21/17
to data...@googlegroups.com
I have already attached a file for full India please find it in my previous mails.
Thank you .

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "datameet" group.

Sashikumar N

Oct 23, 2017, 5:07:15 AM10/23/17
to datameet
Dear all,
I am extremely sorry for wrongly ascribing months to the seasons in my previous post. Here is the right interpretation:
Monsoon - June to Aug (GW level recorded in Aug)
Post monsoon Kharif - Sept to Nov (GW level recorded in Nov)
Post monsoon Rabi - Dec to Jan (GW level recorded in Jan)
Pre-monsoon - Feb to May (GW level recorded in May)

regards
sashi

Sashikumar N

Oct 23, 2017, 5:07:23 AM10/23/17
to datameet
Hi All,
I finally got the official explanation given at http://www.india-wris.nrsc.gov.in/GWL/GWL.html?
Here is what it says

Groundwater is an important source of drinking and agriculture in our country. But this is hard to be explored and analyzed being flowing in sub-surface. The level of water below ground is temporal and dynamic in nature. It is mainly controlled by rainfall pattern in relation to the aquifer material. Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) and State Ground water departments have implanted monitoring wells and measure ground water level regularly.

The GW Level module provides the available water level data for 29 states & 7 UTs (excluding some hilly regions of north and north east India) for the period 1994 to 2016 as received from CGWB. It contains a layer having locations of more than 30,000 observation wells with 16 attributes (11 static and 5 temporal). Further, water level data is grouped according to four seasons viz.

  • Post-monsoon Rabi (January to March)
  • Pre monsoon (April to June)
  • Monsoon (July to September)
  • Post-monsoon Kharif (October to December)

The user can view season wise water level of individual or multiple wells in graphical form as per predefined area as well as administrative/basin boundary. One can also assess the water level changes and compare its dynamic fluctuation in spatial and temporal domain through this sub info system.

sonia agnihotri

Nov 30, 2020, 9:33:39 AM11/30/20
to datameet
Hi,
I am unable to download district level water data for Goa from the new WRIS website https://indiawris.gov.in/wris/#/groundWater. I can only download a report not well level information. Please share if you have any information about the same.

Thanks and regards,
Sonia Agnihotri

Arun Kumar

Nov 30, 2020, 10:07:46 AM11/30/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
You can access the data from the CGWB website.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Thanks and Regards...
Arun Kumar KC

sonia agnihotri

Dec 3, 2020, 3:02:23 PM12/3/20
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arun,
I tried this as well, it will point to the same page that I mentioned earlier. 1st link to India_WRIS portal, 2nd link not opening for me and the other two links provide pdf reports state wise not point or well level information. Actually, I need well level information district wise so that I can interpolate and prepare a water level map.

image.png

Thanks and Regards,
Sonia Agnihotri