NEW DISTRICTS OF INDIA SHAPEFILE

akula.g...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2022, 2:31:11 PMJul 11
to datameet
Hi all,

I have updated  INDIAN-DISTRICTS shapefile with all new districts even including newly formed Andhra Pradesh districts counting  a total of 755 districts.

Regards,
Akula Guru Datta

Dammalapati Sai Krishna

Jul 12, 2022, 9:05:11 AMJul 12
to datameet
Hello Guru Datta, Thank you very much for this effort!

Would you be able to share the source of this data? That would help us in using this data with proper quotes.

Also, as per the Local Government Directory there are 756 districts. Just want to bring it to your notice if you haven't come across this yet.

Thanks again!
Sai Krishna

Akula Guru Datta

Jul 12, 2022, 12:58:11 PMJul 12
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sai Krishna,

I made this myself by gathering various resources.
Thanks for your info on new district Tamulpur was missing. I will add it soon.

Regards,
Akula Guru Datta
--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Deepak Sharda

Jul 13, 2022, 5:09:39 AMJul 13
to datameet
Great Work  Dutta. You have always helping with your hard work on this platform. Is there a place where we can get updated villages shape files as well.

I tried merging updated village data from multiple sources. Not sure how accurate it is. Sharing sith you if you could help improving it on open platform.

Gurpreet Singh

Jul 18, 2022, 6:56:02 PMJul 18
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akula

Thanks for sharing the file. I am unable to upload it on Q-GIS. Can you please help me on this.
Or if you have shape file of the districts, you might like to share.

Gurpreet Singh

PhD - Food and Agribusiness (IIM-Ahmedabad)
M.A. Rural Development, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
B.Sc. Agriculture, G.B.P.U.A.&T., Pantnagar

“Stretching his hand out to catch the stars, he forgets the flowers at his feet” ~ Jeremy Bentham

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Nikhil VJ

Jul 19, 2022, 3:08:17 AMJul 19
to datameet
Hi Gurpreet,

Just checked; the INDIA_DISTRICTS.geojson file is loading on QGIS fine at my end. It's big, though.
The data is already split up by states in the same github repo - you can go into the states folder:

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ

devang majithiya

Jul 22, 2022, 7:03:20 PMJul 22
to data...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir
I am trying to develop regional transportation network for particular region,  where to get base shapefile from Google map ( road network) and how I can show specific route. Also if anyone know about networking, route Assignments in TRANSCAD , please let me know his contact details.

Devang P Majithiya

Akshit Shah

Jul 24, 2022, 2:40:42 PMJul 24
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Akula Guru Datta,

I cross checked the district file with the latest LGD district list and found there are 3 new districts formed recently which are missing from the file. Can you please add them. The District are namely
1. Tamulpur, Assam
2. Pakyong, Sikkim
3. Soreng, Sikkim

you can find the jurisdiction in the government order for these respective districts uploaded on the LGD website. Attaching the same here for ease of reference.

Warm Regards,

Akshit Shah

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "datameet" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/CAKq_Ub60ZwzZ0f_x9heSTCzUre_mR9tiH1zveGVZmb%2BZJ1FZ6g%40mail.gmail.com.
Soreng_District_Formation_Govt_Order.jpg
tamulpurscan 23 jan 2022_1657542578953.pdf

VAIBHAV PURI

Jul 24, 2022, 3:33:02 PMJul 24
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am facing a similar issue as Gurpreet. I tried adding a new vector layer under protocol, type: GeoJSON and source as permalink but received the following error:

How to resolve this? or something wrong being done at my end to fetch the district file?

Regards,
Vaibhav

Nikhil VJ

Jul 24, 2022, 8:22:06 PMJul 24
to datameet
Hi Vaibhav,

So the link you shared is for humans to load a page in the browser, that hosts the file from where they can click download to download the actual file.

To get a direct download link that your software can use, right-click the download button and copy that link.

You can also just download the full file to your system and then make your software read that, to make things simpler.

Do navigate your way around the github repo to the latest version of the file, lest you keep using an older commit after the file has been updated. (see the link - if you see weird chars inside, then you're on a specific commit that may or may not be the latest version)

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ

VAIBHAV PURI

Aug 1, 2022, 10:39:13 AMAug 1
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nikhil and Akula

I tried the non-human method and it worked. But the file here https://github.com/datta07/INDIAN-SHAPEFILES/blob/master/STATES/TRIPURA/TRIPURA_DISTRICTS.geojson seems to have some issues. If you can check and confirm. The sub-district level data got ingested, but this district level data shows error.

Regards,
Vaibhav

sreeram kandimalla

Aug 5, 2022, 3:46:54 PMAug 5
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Deepak,

I am very much interested in this project.

I haven't looked into your data yet.

But, In general I am looking for an approach where the sources for all the geometries are noted and so are the corrections made.. So that everything is reproducible starting from the sources.

This along with the LGD data archived daily at https://ramseraph.github.io/opendata/lgd/ will be helpful in creating a map of India as of a given date.

Thanks,
Sreeram k

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "datameet" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/2571c93c-96f0-4e03-90d2-a7d31b997900n%40googlegroups.com.

Anurag Swarnkar

Aug 5, 2022, 3:47:25 PMAug 5
to datameet
Hi Akula,

Thank you very much for sharing this data.
I am trying to find the shapefile for the Delhi Road map. I have gone through the various sources available such as geo fabric, OSM, etc., but I believe these data's attributes are unreliable. I am searching the road map shapefile with IRC classification. Please let me know if you may know of any suitable source. I am thanking you in anticipation.

Regards
Anurag Swarnkar

Deepak Sharda

Aug 6, 2022, 10:49:39 AMAug 6
to data...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for connecting. I spoke with Justin and he has been mapping Indian villages with data available on LGD. Please check his GitHub profile you can help him over there. I already shared all the updated data I have with me

sreeram kandimalla

Aug 7, 2022, 10:58:43 PMAug 7
to data...@googlegroups.com
Been seeing his tweets.. I hope an Indian place name correction database comes out as a by product of this.

VAIBHAV PURI

Aug 8, 2022, 4:33:22 AMAug 8
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akula

I went through the district level data and found one missing district in the North Eastern state of Nagaland. As highlighted in the screenshot from NITI Aayog Dashboard on SDG, this district of Noklak has been created from the adjacent district of Tuensang.

If you can check and update the same on github.

Regards,
Vaibhav

Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 1.58.59 PM.png

Akula Guru Datta

Aug 8, 2022, 10:10:13 AMAug 8
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Vaibhav,

I updated this Indian districts file 13 days back. Download the new one, it has that district.

Regards,
Akula Guru Datta

Cara Foss Arellano

Aug 21, 2022, 10:56:49 PMAug 21