Is datamapper offically dead ?

Piyush Ranjan

Jan 3, 2014, 8:43:48 AM1/3/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Is datamapper officially dead now ? I don't see any activity around it. Has the ambitious rewrite project taken its toll or the core devs got busy in other projects ?

If yes, rest in peace datamapper. You were what Active record wanted to be.
If no, any timelines on datamapper 2.0 :)

Piyush

John Many Jars

Jan 3, 2014, 10:29:44 AM1/3/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com
I don't know. I still use it though... I kind of need it...
> --

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems: "The Future Begins Tomorrow"
Visit us at: http://www.yoyodyne-propulsion.net

--------
"It's easy to win. Anybody can win."

-- Philip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly

Chris Corbyn

Jan 4, 2014, 1:52:14 AM1/4/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com
It is dead, yes. However ROM (by the same devs) is replacing it. See https://github.com/rom-rb and http://rom-rb.org/

christian

Jan 4, 2014, 6:02:21 AM1/4/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com
I am still using DM and it just works great for me. in regard to ROM it is wise to look at how to separate persistence logic from your data model.

Abe Voelker

Jan 4, 2014, 10:09:40 AM1/4/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com

As others said DataMapper 2 is now ROM (Ruby Object Mapper), and you can keep track of its development on the #rom-rb IRC channel.

Torsten Rüger

Jan 16, 2014, 6:34:18 AM1/16/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
great to hear it is still working for someone. I was just going to move my AR app to it (separate questions coming)

So i find some neglect that such an "official" statement as end of life , and even a year ago, is not published on the site.

Torsten

Charley Kline

May 1, 2014, 7:43:52 PM5/1/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com, piyu...@gmail.com
I just started a large project using it, as I prefer it as a standalone ORM instead of ActiveRecord. I have very high hopes for ROM, as well!

/cvk

Johannes Held

May 6, 2014, 9:06:47 AM5/6/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I recently took a look on Sequel, which seem's to be pretty neat and is actively developed.

http://sequel.jeremyevans.net/ (it has model objects too…)

Cheers, Johannes

pedro mg

May 21, 2014, 4:11:33 PM5/21/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com, piyu...@gmail.com

Use it also. DM is fast to setup and use on simple apps. Our last ruby api used it, last year.

Woks. Quite well. We have apps glued with it :)

Must check ROM.

Pedro