can't update json property

Charles Monteiro

Jul 25, 2013, 4:05:39 PM7/25/13
to datam...@googlegroups.com
hi,

I have a model property of type Json, said property is set to a hash of a hash, apparently updates the to the inner hash are not being picked up by DM. In a related question if I wanted to persist a hash, I guess type Object would be the default? are there any limits to the the level of nesting of an object ?

thanks

-Charles

Roman Dzvinkovsky

Mar 20, 2014, 3:00:49 AM3/20/14
to datam...@googlegroups.com
Charles,

I've faced similar problem recently. AFAIR the reason is that DataMapper does not recognize the change of hash under Json property. After several attempts I came up with workaround:

o.data[:key1][:key2] += 1
# o.save # doesn't work
data = o.data
o.data = nil