DataObjects 0.9.9 Released

Dan Kubb (dkubb)

Nov 27, 2008, 8:19:14 PM11/27/08
to DataMapper
Hi Everyone,

I just pushed DataObjects 0.9.9 to rubyforge a moment ago.

Please note that there weren't alot of changes in this release. Most
of the changes were centered around fixing do_sqlite3 so that it
didn't include a dll, and did not hard code the .bundle in the
source. Jonathan Stott put together a nice rake task with the help of
Luis Lavena that'll allow us to compile native Windows gems for
do_sqlite3 easly. (windows gems for do_postgres and do_mysql are
forthcoming)

Also please note that since this is the first DO gem release with a
native Windows gem for do_sqlite3 if you notice anything unusual
please report it at our new issue tracker:

http://datamapper.lighthouseapp.com/

For more detail about the changes please consult the History:

http://github.com/sam/do/tree/0.9.9/data_objects/History.txt
http://github.com/sam/do/tree/0.9.9/do_mysql/History.txt
http://github.com/sam/do/tree/0.9.9/do_postgres/History.txt
http://github.com/sam/do/tree/0.9.9/do_sqlite3/History.txt

Thanks,

Dan
(dkubb)

Luis Lavena

Nov 28, 2008, 5:43:06 AM11/28/08
to datam...@googlegroups.com

Awesome Job guys!

Luis@KEORE (D:\Users\Luis)
$ gem install do_sqlite3 --no-ri --no-rdoc
Now download http://www.sqlite.org/sqlitedll-3_6_6_2.zip
And place the dll somewhere in your PATH, for example C:\ruby\bin
Successfully installed addressable-2.0.0
Successfully installed extlib-0.9.8
Successfully installed data_objects-0.9.9
Successfully installed do_sqlite3-0.9.9-x86-mswin32-60
4 gems installed

woot!!!, world is safe now, I can take vacations!

Thanks Dan and Jonathan for the hard work on improving compatibility
across platforms!
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17