New content: "Elevator Pitch for Museums" for your review and comments

Daniel

May 10, 2010, 6:37:14 AM5/10/10
to Data Incubator
Dear colleagues,

at http://groups.google.com/group/dataincubator/web/elevator-pitch-for-museums
I started to put together arguments to motivate a museum to publish
their asset data as Linked Data.

This is based on the recent discussion about the Montigliani test and
my interest to get a better solution (by involving museums directly in
this conversation).

I plan to approach a group of public museums here in Bavaria with
this: as I want to approach the head of the museum, it contains nearly
no technical arguments and only arguments, which provide concrete
value-add or reduced effort for museums.
I think we have to motivate the heads first in order to get support on
lower levels of the organization e.g. the IT people.

I would like to invite you to give feedback, review and additional
content to the document.
(You will find that many arguments can be used to argue in favor of
open data in general - however I would like to keep it focused on the
business of museums.)

In case anybody of you has museum background or knows somebody with
this background, I would be happy if you could forward this email.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Ian Davis

May 13, 2010, 4:26:34 AM5/13/10
to datain...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Daniel <dako...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> at http://groups.google.com/group/dataincubator/web/elevator-pitch-for-museums
> I started to put together arguments to motivate a museum to publish
> their asset data as Linked Data.

This is a great idea! I will have a read and share my thoughts with the list.

Ian

Ross Singer

May 19, 2010, 12:15:05 AM5/19/10
to datain...@googlegroups.com
I think this:

http://wiki.freebase.com/wiki/GLAM

is also trying to cover a similar domain.

-Ross.