JdbcSource - insert SQL query doesn't update observable list

Isabelle Taylor

Sep 16, 2015, 4:54:37 AM9/16/15
to DataFX
Hi,
I am currently trying to use DataFx with a database, I have followed an example and it works to display the data initially.
However when I execute an insert query, the observable list does not update.
The documentation has not been very helpful on this. I have tried calling the retrieve method for the ListDataProvider after the insert but it never succeeds(I added an action listener).
Should I be going the other way? (Add to the observable list - and get it to update the database)
Any help would be appreciated.

Isabelle Taylor

Sep 16, 2015, 8:06:29 AM9/16/15
to DataFX
I have created an entryAddedHandler to write to the database everytime the Observable list is added to. The problem is that I am trying to add 250k~ entries to the database at one time and I don't want to do different SQL queries for every entry. Any suggestion on how to implement a batch query writebackHandler?