Fwd: Connecting DataStage to DSpace

Graham Klyne

Oct 28, 2012, 1:06:03 PM10/28/12
to dataflo...@googlegroups.com
Forwarded from JISC-MRD list

#g
--

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Connecting DataStage to DSpace
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 19:01:54 +0100
From: Steve Welburn <st...@SPIKY.CO.UK>
To: <JIS...@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>

I've set up a new subproject on soundsoftware.ac.uk with details on the
wiki
<https://code.soundsoftware.ac.uk/projects/c4dm-datastage-to-dspace/wiki> of
how we've got DataStage talking to DSpace. According to Marco's blog
post <http://rdm.c4dm.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/datastage-and-dspace> it looks as
though the specific ingester for DataStage isn't necessary, but could be
used to process the manifest.rdf to add metadata.

Our command-line tool for depositing data to DSpace using Swordv2 is
also available. It's at:
https://code.soundsoftware.ac.uk/projects/sworduploader

Both runnable versions (Mac OS X and Windows) and the Python source code
are available there (via Downloads and Repository). There's also some
documentation under the SwordUploader project wiki.

Steve

Graham Klyne

Oct 28, 2012, 1:12:03 PM10/28/12
to Steve Welburn, JIS...@jiscmail.ac.uk, dataflo...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

This is great, thanks. I've been incubating some ideas to do something similar
for Research Objects (cf. http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/268555/,
http://wf4ever.github.com/ro/, https://github.com/wf4ever/ro-manager) via a
Python command line tool, so it's great to see an independent implementation
based on the Sword2 client library.

#g

David Shotton

Oct 29, 2012, 11:14:53 AM10/29/12
to Todd Vision, Ryan Scherle, Jane Greenberg, Elena Feinstein, Peggy Schaeffer, Graham Klyne, Steve Welburn, JIS...@jiscmail.ac.uk, dataflo...@googlegroups.com, Richard Jones
Dear Dryad folk,

On the 19th, we spoke about integrating DataStage with Dryad using
SWORD2. I have just got back to the UK, and have found the following
message from Steve Welburn about connecting DataStage to DSpace, which
is a first step. Hope his software is of help to you.

David
--

Dr David Shotton
Research Data Management and Semantic Publishing Research Group,