The indexed documents with accentued characters does not open in IE11

Serge F

Jun 29, 2020, 3:03:30 PM6/29/20
to Datafari
Hello,

We are using Datafari 4.4.1 and the clients computers are running IE11 web browser.
Everything works fine except when we open docs with accentued characters like é

The URL sent by datafari is:
Pr%C3%A9Analyse.txt
instead of:
PréAnalyse.txt

How we can fix that please?

Cedric Ulmer

Jun 29, 2020, 5:06:43 PM6/29/20
to Datafari
Hi Serge,

did you check with other types of browsers to see if the problem comes from this particular browser ?

Regards,

Cedric

Serge F

Jun 30, 2020, 4:13:08 AM6/30/20
to Datafari
Hi,

I've tested under a manually installed firefox on my PC and the char is the right one : é (but the link does not open for some reason I don't know)
But IE11 is the only browser validated by our company

Cedric Ulmer

Jun 30, 2020, 4:54:15 AM6/30/20
to Datafari
Hi Serge,

Ok thanks.
We think your IE11 bug is one that we have corrected already on Datafari EE, but we have not pushed it yet on Datafari CE. Unfortunately you'll have to a bit patient then, as we are a bit of schedule on that one: Datafari 5 (yes, 5!) will be out probably around end of August, and it will contain the fix.
There is no easy workaround to implement in the meantime, sorry for that.

On a side note with regards to your FF testing and your mention that links do not open. Is it only links with the accents ?

Regards,

Cedric

Serge F

Jun 30, 2020, 5:35:56 AM6/30/20
to Datafari
Ok but the complete server have been installed yet and we would not invest anymore time on it for the moment, then only problem remaining is this accent issue on IE11, would it be possible that you contact me in MP for this fix ?

The issue with firefox is more related to restriction to open files from networks share via firefox I think.