Release of Datafari 4.2

cedric...@francelabs.com

Jan 10, 2019, 9:38:31 AM1/10/19
to Datafari
Happy new year Datafarians !

More or less every 6 months, we release a minor version of Datafari. So there we are, we are glad to announce the release of Datafari 4.2

As a reminder, Datafari comes in two flavors: the Community Edition, which is open source under Apache Licence V2, and the Enterprise Edition, which is the "boosted" version of the Community Edition. You can find the list of Datafari EE and CE differences on our Confluence. From our perspective, the most notable differences are the absence of both an SMBv2 connector and the AD admin UI in the 4.2 Community Edition. For the latter, it is still present in 4.1 Community Edition, so please stick to it if you need the graphical AD management (or buy the Enterprise Edition !).
The complete 4.2 list of changes is available on our github.

Also note that we have migrated from Solr 6.x to Solr 7.x . This goes against our normal policy for minor versions releases (no need for "manual" migration), but we considered it as important enough to update this component in this 4.2 . We will make our best so that such upgrades do not happen again.

Here is the list of the main changes:

Enterprise Edition:

  • SMBv2 connector
  • Dedicated Zookeeper for MCF
  • Dedicated Tomcat for MCF

Both Editions:

  • New user menu for faster access to options and admin pages
  • Facets can be saved in Alerts
  • Increased default values for the simplified web connector, making it faster.
  • Improved web connector with filters on tags
  • Upgrades of all the major technical components of Datafari, allowing for more stability, security and faster processing

As usual, we’d love to hear from you, be it to know what your use cases are, which enhancements you’d like to see, or which problems you have.

Go to the datafari download section to get your flavor of Datafari !

This conversation is locked