new version 4.3

toto toto

Jul 12, 2019, 4:11:50 AM7/12/19
to Datafari
 Hello,

I work with 4.2 version and i want to test new version.

I have uninstall datafari 4.2 (dpkg -e datafari)
install datafari 4.3 (dpkg -i)
install OK but when i load the web page, i connect with my login (login 4.2 --> strange) but i can't go to the administration page or MCF page
I click on the menu but nothing appear (test with IE and Firefox)

Thank for your help.

Mikael

Cedric Ulmer

Jul 12, 2019, 7:12:01 AM7/12/19
to Datafari
Hi,

can you double check the command what you have typed for uninstalling ? We doubt it is dpkg -e datafari

Regards,

Cedric

toto toto

Jul 12, 2019, 7:23:37 AM7/12/19
to Datafari
Hi,

sorry it's dpkg -r datafari

Mikael

Cedric Ulmer

Jul 12, 2019, 7:50:26 AM7/12/19
to Datafari
Ok I see.

What you need to do in the following order, I made the step 2 more precise:

1. First save somewhere safe your Solr index, the Solr config files, and use the admin ui to backup your MCF configs.
2. Type the command dpkg -P and delete the folder /opt/datafari (rm -rf /opt/datafari)
3. Third, install your Datafari 4.3
4. Last, push back your saved data (Solr index, Solr config and MCF configs)

Regards,

Cedric

toto toto

Jul 12, 2019, 8:45:54 AM7/12/19
to Datafari
I make a fresh install :
dpkg -P datafari and delete the folder /opt/datafari (rm -rf /opt/datafari)
install Datafari 4.3

When i log to admin page il can choose (Générale or Moissonnage des données) but nothing appear when i click on this sub-Menu (with IE)
With Firefox when i click to data crawler, i have a http 404 not found page
Main Menu is OK

Thanks

Mikael

Cedric Ulmer

Jul 12, 2019, 9:22:32 AM7/12/19
to Datafari
We gave it a look:

1. For IE 11 , ok we found the problem, we'll push a fix asap. For info, it works EDGE.
2. For Firefox, it should work. We think you have some cache remaining. Please try cleaning fully your Firefox and restart it. Which version are you using BTW ?

Regards,

Cedric

toto toto

Jul 12, 2019, 9:40:21 AM7/12/19
to Datafari
OK
it's work after cleaning cache with firefox (version 67)

What files must be save for solr index and solr config files ?

I have make a backup for MCFs config but when i restore i have a message  " Error while restoring MCF connections"

Thanks

Mikael

toto toto

Jul 12, 2019, 10:26:47 AM7/12/19
to Datafari

I think that the restore doesnt work because i must add the Windows share connector.

but when i launch the initialize.sh, i have a error on the windows share connector :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jcifs/Credentials

Thanks

Cedric Ulmer

Jul 12, 2019, 10:40:09 AM7/12/19
to Datafari

toto toto

Jul 15, 2019, 5:22:42 AM7/15/19
to Datafari

Hello,

Thanks it's OK with the new documentation.

I have always a error message during the restore MCF : " Error while restoring MCF connections"
Do you know What files must be save for solr index and solr config files ?

toto toto

Jul 15, 2019, 10:02:30 AM7/15/19
to Datafari
Hello,

I test the new version with Firefox, the preview of document works but with IE11, there is no preview.

i must use IE11, so i downgrade to datafari 4.2 :o(

Thanks

Cedric Ulmer

Jul 16, 2019, 4:56:13 AM7/16/19
to Datafari
Hmmm the preview works on IE11 for us. Can you confirm it does not work when you try the preview on demo.datafari.com for instance? And just to be sure: what do you mean by "preview" ?

Regards,

Cedric

toto toto

Jul 16, 2019, 10:01:27 AM7/16/19
to Datafari

Hello,

The demo site works with IE11, i have the preview, but with my fresh install, i have the preview just with firefox, strange....

Thanks

Mikael