Windows Shares - SMB

Gonch Gonch

May 24, 2018, 10:48:08 AM5/24/18
to Datafari
Hello,

I have make a connection with Windows Shares to a file server.

The SMB version 1 is activated in the file server and here the indexing works fine.

But if I deactivate/block the SMB version 1 in the file server, the indexing doesn't work.

Can anybody help me to resolve this issue ?

Can we change in the Datafari to SMB version 2 or version 3 ?

Thanks

Best Regards,

cedric...@francelabs.com

May 30, 2018, 5:09:19 PM5/30/18
to Datafari
Hi,

Datafari relies on JCIFS, which only supports SMB version 1, not v2 or v3. The easiest is obviously to reenable your v1, but you could create an MCF connector that does not leverage JCIFS but rather SMBJ for instance.

Regards,

Cedric

cedric...@francelabs.com

Dec 8, 2018, 4:35:16 PM12/8/18
to Datafari
Just to be complete on this question, from now on, the Enterprise Edition of Datafari supports SMB v1 AND SMB v2.

Regards,

Cedric

alban ferignac

Sep 30, 2020, 8:54:38 AM9/30/20
to Datafari
Hi, I'm actually trying to index a windows shares using SMB v3.

I'm using datafri 4.3 enterprise.

There is a way to index theses folders ?

Thanls.