Release of Datafari 5.0

Cedric Ulmer

Apr 13, 2021, 10:02:32 AM4/13/21
to Datafari
Hello Datafarians,

Took us quite some time and resources, but we are proud to announce the release of Datafari 5.0

As a reminder, Datafari comes in two flavors: the Community Edition, which is open source with an Apache v2 licence, and the Enterprise Edition, which is the production-ready and boosted version of the Community Edition. You can find the list of Datafari EE and CE differences on our Confluence.

The complete 5.0 list of changes is available on our github.

Here is the list of the main changes:

Enterprise Edition:
- Drupal connector
- Sharepoint online connector
- Admin UI for global backup of Datafari
- GDPR walkthrough
- simplified clustered installation

Both Editions:
- An API mode to easily query datafari without the UI
- An aggregator mode to aggregate results from several Datafaris
- Migration from ELK to OpenDistro
- SSL/TLS activated by default between the client and the Datafari server
- SSL/TLS activated by default between the client and our opendistro
- Simplified install procedure
- A connector to index Solr content
- A connector to index Confluence and Jira content
- Updates of major components (Solr 8.5.2, Cassandra 4, opendistro 1.9.0, PostgreSQL 12.4), bringing in more stability, security and performance
- Loads of bugfixes

As usual, we’d love to hear from you, be it to know what your use cases are, which enhancements you’d like to see, or which problems you have.
Go to the datafari download section to get your flavor of Datafari !