DataCite and schema.org

Damian Steer

Jun 7, 2018, 12:15:48 PM6/7/18
to DataCite Metadata
Hi all,

Is the datacite / json-ld schema.org mapping documented somewhere? And what is the status of it?

I've tried search, but clearly I'm failing. The most useful resource I found was as part of 'bolognese' [1] but it's not especially readable for most users I imagine.

I was particularly interested in how 'funding' was represented. The current mapping was quite hard to work out, and seems to rely on a non-existent schema.org property [1] which is a little worrying.

Thanks,

Damian Steer

Martin Fenner

Jun 7, 2018, 12:24:42 PM6/7/18
to Damian Steer, DataCite Metadata

Damian,

the mapping of DataCite metadata to schema.org JSON/LD is unfortunately not well documented, and that is something we need to add to https://support.datacite.org. I will put this on the todo list for staff.

The work on funding is currently not aligned with the official schema.org documentation, because that doesn't support grants, only funders. There have been many discussions on the topic in the schema.org GitHub repo (the best place for community discussion), and I hope that our suggestions will be added to the schema.org core specification before too long.

Until the documentation is in place, please reach out to sup...@datacite.org with questions and comments regarding schema.org / DataCite metadata mapping.

Best,

Martin

Martin Fenner
DataCite Technical Director

Damian Steer

Jun 7, 2018, 12:46:30 PM6/7/18
to martin...@datacite.org, DataCite Metadata

> On 7 Jun 2018, at 17:24, Martin Fenner <martin...@datacite.org> wrote:
>
> Damian,
>
> the mapping of DataCite metadata to schema.org JSON/LD is unfortunately not well documented, and that is something we need to add to https://support.datacite.org. I will put this on the todo list for staff.
>
> The work on funding is currently not aligned with the official schema.org documentation, because that doesn't support grants, only funders. There have been many discussions on the topic in the schema.org GitHub repo (the best place for community discussion), and I hope that our suggestions will be added to the schema.org core specification before too long.

Thanks for the update Martin,

I think I assumed it was more final than it was because you’d added it to the new site.

Good luck with getting your propert(ies) added,

Damian

--
Damian Steer
Senior Technical Researcher

Sonja Kümmet

Dec 7, 2020, 12:33:33 PM12/7/20
to DataCite Metadata
Hello,

I am also interested in mapping DataCite metadata to schema.org. Is there any documentation available by now? It does not have to be perfect, any working paper would be helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sonja

Sonja Kümmet
University Library of LMU Munich

Ted Habermann

Feb 25, 2022, 10:58:59 AM2/25/22
to DataCite Metadata
Any progress on this?

Mary Hirsch

Feb 28, 2022, 5:55:55 AM2/28/22
to Ted Habermann, DataCite Metadata

Mary Hirsch | Member Support Manager | DataCite

E: mhi...@datacite.org | ORCID

W: datacite.org | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Support Desk | Support Site | PID Forum

A: DataCite e.V. -- Welfengarten 1B, 30167 Hannover, Germany

Ted Habermann

Mar 10, 2022, 11:22:40 AM3/10/22
to DataCite Metadata
This crosswalk might be helpful...
  • crosswalk of DCAT, Datacite, ISO 19115, and several other metadata standards to schema.org.  (This is actually from the RDA Research Metadata Schemas WG …).