Crowdsourced Neighborhood Boundary Maps (Fuzzy maps)

jwalling

Feb 20, 2011, 1:25:38 AM2/20/11
to DataCampSEA
The Crowdsourced Neighborhood Boundary Maps (Fuzzy Maps) application
is planned to provide interfaces for data sharing and presentations
and a Facebook application for users to shape neighborhood boundaries
using interactive maps.

Map boundaries are aggregated for each neighborhood to produce Fuzzy
Maps. Neighborhood boundaries are shown with gradient colors and can
overlap. Neighborhood names may be "common" our "uncommon", as in
"Frellard", the area between Fremont and Ballard in Seattle

The following "common" neighborhood names are provided by the Seattle
City Clerks office http://clerk.ci.seattle.wa.us/~public/nmaps/fullcity.htm

NORTH SEATTLE
1. North West (Broadview, Bitter Lake, Greenwood, Crown Hill, North
Beach/Blue Ridge)
2. Northgate (Haller Lake, Pinehurst, Maple Leaf, North College Park)
3. Lake City (Olympic Hills, Cedar Park, Matthews Beach, Meadowbrook,
Victory Heights)
4. North East (Roosevelt, Wedgewood, View Ridge, Sand Point,
Windermere, Laurelhurst, Bryant, Ravenna)
5. University District
6. North Central (Phinney Ridge, Green Lake, Wallingford, Fremont)
7. Ballard (Sunset Hills, Loyal Heights, Whitier Heights, West
Woodland, Adams)

CENTRAL SEATTLE
8. Magnolia (Lawton Park, Southeast Magnolia, Briarcliff)
9. Interbay
10. Queen Anne (North Queen Anne, East Queen Anne, Lower Queen Anne,
West Queen Anne)
11. Capitol Hill (Portage Bay, Montlake, Madison Park, Stevens,
Broadway)
12. Cascade (South Lake Union, Westlake, Eastlake)
13. Downtown (Belltown, Pike Market, Central Business District, First
Hill, Yesler Terrace, International District, Pioneer Square)
14. Central Area (Minor, Mann, Harrison/Denny-Blaine, Madrona, Leschi,
Atlantic)

SOUTH SEATTLE
15. Rainier Valley (Mount Baker, Columbia City, Brighton, Dunlap,
Rainier Beach, Rainier View)
16. Seward Park
17. Beacon Hill (North Beacon Hill, Mid-Beacon Hill, Holly Park, South
Beacon Hill)
18. Industrial District (Industrial District, Harobor Island,
Georgetown, South Park)
19. West Seattle (Alki, North Admiral, Genesse, Farimount Park,
Seaview, Gatewood, Fauntleroy, Arbor Heights)
20. Delridge (North Delridge, High Point, Riverview, Highland Park,
South Delridge, Roxhill)

Brian Ferris

Feb 22, 2011, 3:15:26 AM2/22/11
to datac...@googlegroups.com
So that we might keep up the work we started on Saturday, I've created
some basic project infrastructure for anyone interested in working on
this project:

homepage: http://bdferris.github.com/fuzzy-location-names/
source: https://github.com/bdferris/fuzzy-location-names

Sign up for the project mailing list if you are so inclined as this
will be the main communication channel going forward.

Thanks!

Brian