TECH-DBUG Digest Wednesday, February 28 V2018 #003

Evan Shu

Feb 28, 2018, 10:39:58 AM2/28/18
to DataCAD Tech
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 10:30:00 -0400
From: DATACAD-TECH
Subject: TECH-DBUG Digest Wednesday, February 28 V2018 #003

Please remember to EDIT DOWN follow-up replies & Adjust Subject
datacad-dbug-digest Wednesday, February 28 2018  Volume 2018:No 003

For DBUG Tech BulletinBd or to Join: http://www.tinyurl.com/DBUGTech

  DBUG> Screen Glitch
  DBUG> Screen Glitch
  DBUG> Screen Glitch
  DBUG> Screen Glitch

From: Dennis Orr
Date: Feb 20
Subject: DBUG> Screen Glitch

Hello again;

Need direction on a new glitch;

I walked away from my screen with open dwgs and when I came back, the entire top banner of the page was missing. I cannot close the dwgs or see any of the toolbars which I had in locked mode. I do not want to exit from the screen because I have a lot of new data on the drawings that would be lost.

Anyone know how to recover the control banners?

Thanks;

Dennis Orr

-------------------------------------

From: Dennis Orr <dgo...@charter.net>
Date: Feb 20

Ok;

I tried a trick; I shut off the monitor and then started it again. Everything was restored and I was able to close the program.

I am mystified as to the issue, but I restarted the program again after I shut it down and it is working fine; a good “new session” with the program and it is behaving itself.

The crisis is past, but perhaps the issue is not. I am wondering if I should go back to pencil and paper on my next project?

Thanks;

Dennis Orr

-------------------------------------

From: Neil Blanchard
Date: Feb 21

Hi Dennis,

You can always save any file with Control-S.  The original issue may be something to do with your computer.  Something I would suggest for general maintenance, is to run CCleaner.  Also, drefragmenting the hard drive, especially on older systems.
Sincerely, Neil

From: James Horecka
Date: Feb 21

Question (dead serious): Do you have CATS, by any chance? If so, there's your culprit.

James Horecka

End of datacad-dbug-digest V2018 #003