TECH-DBUG Digest Thursday, August 16 V2018 #013

1 view

Evan Shu

Aug 16, 2018, 1:27:37 PM8/16/18
to DataCAD Tech
Date: Thurs, 16 August 2018 13:00:00 -0500
From: DATACAD-TECH
Subject: TECH-DBUG Digest Thursday, August 16 V2018 #013

Please remember to EDIT DOWN follow-up replies & Adjust Subject
datacad-dbug-digest Thursday, August 16 2018  Volume 2018:No 013

For DBUG Tech BulletinBd or to Join: http://www.tinyurl.com/DBUGTech

  DBUG> DataCAD 12 and Windows 10
  DBUG> DataCAD 12 and Windows 10
  DBUG> Purchase DC-LT or DC
  DBUG> Next DBUG meeting set for Sep 12th in Maynard, MA

Date: Aug 1 2018
Subject: Re: DBUG> Re: DataCAD 12 and Windows 10

I'm returning to this post once again, hoping to find a solution
for using DataCad 11 on Windows 10.

I installed a windows 10 hard ddrive into my laptop and moved my
Windows 7 Pro harddrive into the disc drive slot. I cant boot
from the Win7 harddrive even though I can access all files on it.
I installed DCad 11 onto the Win10 harddrive but it gives an
unknown hardlock error. So for the past year, I have been using
my old, half-dead XP laptop :(

any ideas?

From: Nick Pyner
Date: Aug 2 2018
Subject: DBUG> Re: DataCAD 12 and Windows 10

On 2/08/2018 9:25 AM, ro...@chappy.org.au wrote:

> I'm returning to this post once again, hoping to find a solution for
> using DataCad 11 on Windows 10.
> I installed a windows 10 hard ddrive into my laptop and moved my
> Windows 7 Pro harddrive into the disc drive slot. I cant boot from the
> Win7 harddrive even though I can access all files on it.

I think this is because the Win 7 drive is not your designated primary
drive, it is simply acting as an off-board auxiliary drive. No real
problem with that, and it shouldn't stop you using DataCad on it either,
it's just another drive, and all you need to do is properly install it.
I submit all this is barely relevant, unless you specifically want to
install  DCad on the off-board drive, which I would have thought
unlikely, and it might be best to concentrate on the real problem -
running DCad on the W10 laptop, which I assume is otherwise working
properly.

If the above is true, I believe it should be just a matter of ensuring
the hardlock will work with W10. It either does or it doesn't, and it
should not have taken a year to find that out.  I can't remember if V12
could use a softlock. If it does, that might be your salvation.

Failing that, and a steadfast refusal to upgrade Datacad, there's
nothing wrong with running DataCad on an XP.  I still do it. If you
aren't using DCad much you might as well stick with that.   I rather
suspect "half dead" is code for slack-arsed housekeeping and, if you
attend to that, V12 may be quite satisfactory.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why NSW

-----------------------------------

Subject: DBUG>Purchase DC-LT or DC
Date: 16 Aug 2018 1:12 PM

Hi,

Was just wondering if there is really much missing between DC-LT and the full DC?

Currently use DC11 and think it may be time to upgrade.

TIA Nyc

------------------------------------

Subject: DBUG> Next DBUG meeting set for Sep 12th in Maynard, MA
From: Evan H Shu <eva...@comcast.net>
Date: 16 Aug 2018 1:16 PM

Hi Boston DBUGers,

Please pencil in our next DBUG meeting for Wednesday, September 12th at Neil Blanchard's house in Maynard, Mass. The agenda is forming but, tentatively, you can look for presentations on the dH Space Planning macro, newest features in DataCAD 20, and on Solar Panels.

Details, directions, and final agenda will go out in early September.

Hope to see many of you then.

Evan Shu

End of datacad-dbug-digest V2018 #013