DataCAD 12 and Windows 10

Carl J. Steidel

Nov 2, 2015, 2:20:10 PM11/2/15
to dataca...@googlegroups.com
Dbuggers,
I have my own copy of DataCAD 12 (with hardlock) on my home computer. I
just successfully upgraded to Windows 10, and DataCAD continues to work
with the hardlock as it always has.
Then I upgraded my 6 month old laptop which did not have DataCAD on it,
to Windows 10. Then I installed DataCAD on the laptop, inserted the
hardlock and it won't recognize the hardlock. I went to
"settings/devices" and found the hardlock, and Windows updated the
driver, and it still won't work. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Carl Steidel

Lawrence S. Schreiber, AIA - Architects
922 East Kennedy Blvd
Lakewood, NJ 08701

Neil Blanchard

Nov 2, 2015, 5:48:00 PM11/2/15
to Carl J. Steidel, dataca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

You probably need to download the driver from the DataCAD website:
http://www.datacad.com/update/update_hardlock.html

--
Sincerely, Neil

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

Nick Pyner

Nov 3, 2015, 12:40:14 AM11/3/15
to dataca...@googlegroups.com
Is Datacad installed in the same directories on each computer?

NIck Pyner

Dee Why Beach NSW

Csteidel

Nov 4, 2015, 6:21:11 AM11/4/15
to Nick Pyner, dataca...@googlegroups.com

Yes, C:\Datacad12

Sent from my iPhone

rwoff...@googlemail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 10:59:34 PM1/26/16
to DataCAD-DBUG, cste...@comcast.net
Hi Neil,

I tried that and the hardlock driver installed successfully (so it said) but when i tried to start datacad 12, the error message said that HLVDD.DDL was missing form the computer.  the message also said to try reinstalling datacad, but that still did not work.

Regards,

Bob

rwoff...@googlemail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 11:01:49 PM1/26/16
to DataCAD-DBUG
Did you get it to wok Carl

Regards,

Bob Woffenden

arcon

Jan 27, 2016, 6:45:11 AM1/27/16
to rwoff...@googlemail.com, dataca...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem with Windows 10 & Datacad 10
The updated datacad driver for the hardlock did not work.
I used an updated generic hardlock driver for windows 10 from the company that purchased Aladdin (who made the original hardlocks)
It worked!!

-Wayne Allen
Sydney, Australia

No virus found in this message.

arcon

Jan 28, 2016, 8:56:15 AM1/28/16
to Robert Woffenden, dataca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

Here is the link.
It’s the first driver on that page that you need.
Hope it works for you too.
Run a virus scan on the file just in case.

regards,

wayne

Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 10:12 PM
To: arcon
Subject: Re: DBUG> Re: DataCAD 12 and Windows 10

Thanks Wayne, I will try that.  Do you have a link to the driver?

Bob

Robert Woffenden dip arch
Dodbrook House
Millbrook
Cornwall PL10 1AN
01752 822900

arcon

Jan 30, 2016, 7:19:27 AM1/30/16
to dataca...@googlegroups.com

Jan 30, 2016, 7:20:59 AM1/30/16
to Robert Woffenden, dataca...@googlegroups.com
Bob,

I think I may have reinstalled dcad after installing the hardware driver to the c drive.
Maybe the dcad installation only works if you install it after having first installing the hardlock driver.
I have the hardlock driver installed on my c drive and datacad is installed on another drive.
I may have also copied the updated hlvdd.dll file (after running the setup package)  to the main directory that datacad is located in
It took a bit of trial and error; I just can’t remember exactly what worked. I should have written it down so I could replicate the installation in the very likely event of a crash.

-regards,

wayne allen,
sydney, australia
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 9:06 AM
To: arcon

Thanks Wayne,

That information was useful and allowed me to do the installation of the driver, but dcad still did not work.  I think I will dig out an old version of dcad and try that as I am just drawing plans on this computer.

Regards,

Bob

Robert Woffenden dip arch
Dodbrook House
Millbrook
Cornwall PL10 1AN
01752 822900

On 29 January 2016 at 16:46, arcon <ar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
Hi Bob,

The one I used was:

Sentinel HASP Run-time and Drivers setup which is the same as your 2nd mention.

I think after installing that setup file it found the hardlock and installed the new file version it to the main hard drive, “C” in my case.

When i first attempted to start datacad after installing the updated hardlock driver there was an initial glitch in windows 10 which asked me if I allowed Datacad to make changes to my system.  After choosing “yes” all was good.
I did have another glitch when windows 10 did an update and removed the datacad shortcut from the desktop screen. I cut and pasted a new shortcut for the desktop and it has been fine since.

regards,

wayne allen

pthosp...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2018, 6:43:24 AM7/13/18
to DataCAD-DBUG
Thank you for this information. This worked for a problem I was having with DataCad 12 hard lock error.
Nancy Watson

Neil Blanchard

Jul 18, 2018, 7:36:31 AM7/18/18
to pthosp...@gmail.com, DataCAD-DBUG

Hi Nancy,

You are welcome!  Glad I could help with this nearly 5 year old post!

ro...@chappy.org.au

Aug 1, 2018, 7:48:52 PM8/1/18
to DataCAD-DBUG
I'm returning to this post once again, hoping to find a solution for using DataCad 11 on Windows 10.
I installed a windows 10 hard ddrive into my laptop and moved my Windows 7 Pro harddrive into the disc drive slot. I cant boot from the Win7 harddrive even though I can access all files on it. I installed DCad 11 onto the Win10 harddrive but it gives an unknown hardlock error. So for the past year, I have been using my old, half-dead XP laptop :(

any ideas?

Nick Pyner

Aug 2, 2018, 5:50:49 AM8/2/18
to dataca...@googlegroups.com
On 2/08/2018 9:25 AM, ro...@chappy.org.au wrote:

> I'm returning to this post once again, hoping to find a solution for
> using DataCad 11 on Windows 10.
> I installed a windows 10 hard ddrive into my laptop and moved my
> Windows 7 Pro harddrive into the disc drive slot. I cant boot from the
> Win7 harddrive even though I can access all files on it.

I think this is because the Win 7 drive is not your designated primary
drive, it is simply acting as an off-board auxiliary drive. No real
problem with that, and it shouldn't stop you using DataCad on it either,
it's just another drive, and all you need to do is properly install it.
I submit all this is barely relevant, unless you specifically want to
install  DCad on the off-board drive, which I would have thought
unlikely, and it might be best to concentrate on the real problem -
running DCad on the W10 laptop, which I assume is otherwise working
properly.

If the above is true, I believe it should be just a matter of ensuring
the hardlock will work with W10. It either does or it doesn't, and it
should not have taken a year to find that out.  I can't remember if V12
could use a softlock. If it does, that might be your salvation.

Failing that, and a steadfast refusal to upgrade Datacad, there's
nothing wrong with running DataCad on an XP.  I still do it. If you
aren't using DCad much you might as well stick with that.   I rather
suspect "half dead" is code for slack-arsed housekeeping and, if you
attend to that, V12 may be quite satisfactory.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why NSW

---
https://www.avg.com