DataCAD Icon images Lost

Gary W. Smith

Apr 20, 2019, 7:48:29 AM4/20/19
to Dataca...@googlegroups.com

Hello Forum:

I have been running DataCAD 16 on my Windows 7 office laptop since 2013.  I upgraded to the free Window 10 when it came out years ago just fine. When Windows 10 (Redstone 1) came out it clashed with the HP Drive Encryption software and refused to install unless it was removed.  I discovered it was impossible to uninstall without reformatting so I reverted to Windows 7 rather than have Windows 10 installation constantly nag me to get rid of something I could not.

For the past six months my laptop has progressively become unstable and slow.  Last week I bought a new hard drive swapped it with the old one and did a fresh installation of Windows 7 and then an upgrade to Windows 10 (Redstone 5) on top of that.  I brought all of my old files back from the old hard drive and then proceeded to reinstall my applications to work with the new OS.

The DataCAD installation software that I have been keeping on the old hard disk for just such a time failed to work since it is apparently just a link to installation software on their website. (a significant hole in my disaster preparedness strategy I did not know about)

Fortunately, I could make a new shortcut of the DCADWIN.EXE file and was able to reregister my software seat with DataCAD LLC.  Everything works fine so far except that the Icons for all the different DataCAD file types are all white which makes it hard to tell backup files from AEC files.  (I am surprised how accustomed I am to look at the icon patterns to know which file to pick)

Does anyone know of a way to easily get the correct icon images reassigned to DataCAD file extensions?

Thanks!

Gary

GWSemail96DPI

image001.jpg