missing hlvdd.dll file

dvansl...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2013, 11:13:28 AM12/29/13
to dataca...@googlegroups.com
I just brought a new computer and tried to install DataCad V11 on it. I receive an error message when trying to run the program, "missing hlvdd.dll file, try to reinstall". I used the CD to install with. I also have noted on DataCAD support search website to install the hardlock update which I did.  Still get the same results.  Can anyone direct me to a fix for this issue?

The new computer is a Asus 2300 All in one
OS is window 8.1 64 bit
8 GZ memory
1 TG hard drive

I went to the Device Manager
The hardlock is noted as a Alinddin Hardlock Key and is stated as working correctly. I also note that the hardlock is lit.

Thanks
David

Nick Pyner

Dec 29, 2013, 7:07:26 PM12/29/13
to dvansl...@gmail.com, dataca...@googlegroups.com
Here is a shot in the dark.............

Maybe you have forgotten that DataCad must not be installed in C:/Progamme Files. If it is there, re-install it somewhere else

In addition to what Nick mentions, you need to download the latest hardlock driver from DataCAD's web site.

It is also possible that it will not work at all in Win8.1.  Someone on the DataCAD Forum is trying to get v12 working in Win8.1 and it seems like the only solution is to upgrade to DataCAD 16.  They have changed too much in Windows to have older versions still work.

Sent: Monday, 30 December 2013 3:13 AM
To: dataca...@googlegroups.com
I just brought a new computer and tried to install DataCad V11 on it. I receive an error message when trying to run the program, "missing hlvdd.dll file, try to reinstall". I used the CD to install with. I also have noted on DataCAD support search website to install the hardlock update which I did.  Still get the same results.  Can anyone direct me to a fix for this issue?

The new computer is a Asus 2300 All in one
OS is window 8.1 64 bit
8 GZ memory
1 TG hard drive

I went to the Device Manager
The hardlock is noted as a Alinddin Hardlock Key and is stated as working correctly. I also note that the hardlock is lit.

Thanks
David

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DataCAD-DBUG" group.

David Vanslette

Dec 30, 2013, 9:31:53 AM12/30/13
to Neil Blanchard, dataca...@googlegroups.com
Neal
I have downloaded the updated driver from DataCad but still does not help

I have searched my laptop computer that is running windows 7 and DataCad is running on for the missing hlvdd .dll file. It was located in the windows/syswow64 directory. After searching the windows 8.1 computer I found that the missing dll file was not there. I copied the dll file from the windows 7 computer and pasted it into the windows 8.1 computer in the same directory but now the error message states "unknown hardlock error". Do you know where this file belongs?  I have copied the dll file into a number on other system locations after reviewing the driver file locations but again nothing. Do you know if the person trying to install V12 ever had sucess with windows 8?  I will continue to research but are beginning to except that V11 cannot work with windows 8.1. If you know of any additional info that might give me direction I would appreciate it. If not thanks for you time

David

Neil Blanchard

Dec 30, 2013, 12:33:14 PM12/30/13
to dvansl...@gmail.com, dataca...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

The only other suggestion I have to getting v11 working is to download the latest version of v11 from the DataCAD website.  The person trying to get v12 working in Win8.1 has not gotten it working, as far as I know.

The main lesson (so far) is that Win8.1 is not compatible with older versions of DataCAD, and the only version of DataCAD that has been tested in Win8.1 is v16.  That is my suggestion for a solution: you get a working version of DataCAD on your new computer, that adds lots of new tools by the way - and you lend your support to DataCAD, so that they can continue to provide us all with an excellent tool!

Sincerely, Neil Blanchard

Nick Pyner

Dec 30, 2013, 6:17:56 PM12/30/13
to David Vanslette, Neil Blanchard, dataca...@googlegroups.com
It looks like 8.1 is incompatible with V11

I guess the reasons why this isn't coming up all the time is that there aren't that may V11 users left, and those that are run it with XP. I can't rememeber all the blessings you will get when you upgrade to V16, but one of the greatest will be smart arrows, and they alone will just about make it worthwhile......

Since you have just moved to W8.1, you might find some other nasty surprises. My mouse, MS Office and scanner were all rejected by W8, so I reverted to XP.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW

I just brought a new computer and tried to install DataCad V11 on it. I receive an error message when trying to run the program, "missing hlvdd.dll file, try to reinstall". I used the CD to install with. I also have noted on DataCAD support search website to install the hardlock update which I did.  Still get the same results.  Can anyone direct me to a fix for this issue?

The new computer is a Asus 2300 All in one
OS is window 8.1 64 bit
8 GZ memory
1 TG hard drive

I went to the Device Manager
The hardlock is noted as a Alinddin Hardlock Key and is stated as working correctly. I also note that the hardlock is lit.

Thanks
David

David,
I very rarely post. As a matter of fact in 25 years using this software I can only think of one other time I have posted!
I am going to be blunt and to the point. Upgrade! Support the Datacad Team! Succinct and meaningful!
Someone needed to say it and I am that guy!

Manny Snyderman
President
Snyderman Associates, Inc.
22 Whip-O-Will Lane