Greeting for the day,
We have an open role with our direct client. If you are interested please share with me your update profile along with the best time to reach you. Kindly see the job description below.
Title: Telecom Specialist
Location: New Haven, CT
- Coordinate activities relating to the phone system design, repair, installation, maintenance and billing for all customers of telecommunication services.
- Oversees administrative activities and coordinates the scheduling of vendors when necessary.
- Reports and monitors the status of service orders and updates telecom documentation.
- Processes telecommunication service requests within Pinnacle and ServiceNow to coordinate new installations, repairs and other billable functions of our department.
- Updates databases and internal documentation when changes to our service offerings or processes change.
- Supports other modes of communications deployed throughout the campus – including elevator, alarm lines, emergency and public safety.
- Coordinates with external vendors for repairs of telecommunication equipment when necessary.
- Provides support to physical plant, facilities or other ITS teams that require information about Yale buildings/properties when infrastructure activities are taking place to ensure our services are not interrupted as a result of their work.
- Operational experience supporting Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Packaged Contact Center Enterprise, Session Initiation Protocol and similar technologies.
- Ability to track and facilitate multiple tasks concurrently, while properly prioritizing and accurately completing them in a customer-facing and highly-available environment.
- Ability to manage and resolve technical problems independently.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in the development and maintenance of documentation – including system planning, deployment, training, inventory, procedural and business continuity materials.
- Understanding of the following VoIP protocols, terminology and components:
× SIP. H.323, SCCP, MGCP UNISTIM
× RTP and the signaling protocols are used to establish an RTP session
× Network quality metrics such as packet loss, delay, jitter and MOS score
× Components: CUCM, CUC, CUBE, VGs and DSP farms
- Understanding of the following Networking protocols, terminology and components:
× OSI Model
× Difference between UDP and TCP
× DHCP and DHCP Options
× DNS and DNS record types
× Ability to take packet captures and identify SIP , SCCP and RTP traffic
× Understanding of firewall rules and ACL’s
Thanks & Regards,