, this developer will be assigned projects by a client who is transforming the way enterprises and governments make decisions by allowing them to interactively query, visualize, and power data science workflows over billions of records.
Who We Are
is the open-source software marketplace where open source software users can find, vet, and contract with service providers and find open-source solutions that fit their organization’s needs. At OpenTeams
we believe in a culture of do-ers, learners, and collaborators. We are looking for people who are motivated, humble, curious, and respectful of others.
What You'll Do
Ideally, you will have:
- Expertise in frontend development with HTML, CSS
- Experience and proficiency with Node.js
- Experience with frontend data or visualization frameworks (preferably D3, Altair/Vega)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the entire software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control, testing and CI/CD
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team
- Superb written and verbal communication skills (we are an entirely distributed team, so most of our communication is asynchronous)
- Experience in Git-centric workflows, including continuous deployment
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams of technical and non-technical people, with a deep respect for the different skills that people bring
Bonus points - one or more of these skills/experiences will make your application stand out:
- Experience building complex interactive dashboards for data exploration
- Personal experience contributing to open source projects
- Passion for creating inclusive and safe communities
- Flexibility to collaborate with community leaders across time zones
- Practical experience in UI testing (using tools like jest or selenium)
- Experience with Typescript
- An appreciation for the importance of good documentation
Keep in mind that we are describing the background that we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements, if you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
Why You Should Join
You'll become an important part of a collaborative, remote-first team. We are a passionate and ambitious team, with a proven record of success building multiple companies. We strive to provide a working environment that gives you room to learn and grow. OpenTeams is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for recruitment, interviews, employment, training, compensation, promotion, and related activities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any and all other protected classes and in accordance with all applicable laws.
For additional information about the role and OpenTeams/Quansight, contact Rebecca Johns: rjo...@quansight.com
Senior Software Engineer
8656 W. Hwy 71
Austin, TX 78735