Amazon problems

Rick

Sep 28, 2015, 1:38:50 PM9/28/15
to Data Management - watson
Hi

Some folks have had problems getting automatic updates.

Here are steps taken by one of our doctoral students to resolve the problem

2 - I signed in with my account and chose the device which I was contacting them about (i.e., my iPad);

3 - You will need “tell them more about your issue”. I selected "kindle eBooks and Newsstand" since the issue was about my eBook. I also chose “something else” under the select issue details. Amazon will ask you to enter short summary of the issue. I wrote "Automatic book update”.

4 - I decided to contact them via email (you can also do via phone or chat). If you choose email you will need to provide them with additional info. They will ask you three questions (please see below for each one of them —my answers are provided in bold):
1. What is the name of the Kindle book or reading material that you are having trouble with?
Data Management Databases and Organizations 6th edition by Richard Watson
2. Which device are you using to access the content (e.g. Kindle Paperwhite, PC, iPad, etc.)?
iPad
3. Please describe the problem, including any error message that you see, and any troubleshooting steps that you have already tried.
I do not get the automatic book updates. I tried to remove the book from my library and downloading it again but that did not work.

5 - Amazon will send you an email (mine came in about 30 minutes after I sent the complaint). In the e-mail they will probably say "Also I have resent the updated version of the book to your device and can see that it is waiting to be delivered wirelessly.”

6 - I followed the instructions in the email in that I removed the book from my kindle library and then I downloaded it again. This solved my issue. Please note that I tried doing step 6 without contacting Amazon’s kindle support system but that DID NOT WORK! I think this was solved because they perhaps “manually" resent the updated version of the book to my device. Therefore, I would only try step 6 after performing steps 1- 5.

Some people have persisting problems with the Table of Contents. It does exist, and I can see if when I upload the book. This appears to be another Kindle problem, as I see others reporting the same problem.

Cheers

Rick